How many of you have had your GN's Stolen?

Mine was stolen; from my garage, when it was 8 months old.
It was a gang, chop shop. They came into the subdivision in a van and nabbed eight "G" bodies, all different makes. Mine was the only GN & :D the only one recovered. :smile: The cops figure it was too hard to move the GN parts.
I picked the GNAT up at the impound lot. THe front right quarter was trashed, both rear tires were down to the steel belts. The left rear tire blew and that's what put the car in the ditch.
The perps were busted trying to change the tire. They rolled over on the gang and the chop shop went down. I had the car repaired and completly repainted [early '87]. I already had a payoff check from the insurance company[it was two weeks after the theft]. They gave me $14,300, I paid 17,999. I chose to keep the car and gave them their check back.

stolen

not to hi-jack the thread, but I had a '70 SS L-78 396/375 Nova taken out of my fenced back yard back in '84. This was a fully documented car especially since both of my folks worked for GM.....never found or recovered...22 years later and it's still listed to me....em effer's will get shot if they try to steal my 2 turbo regals

The next step

I remember reading PhillyTurbo and some others posting the "Best Anti Theft" system. It had a "call me now" feature, satelite tracking capability, etc. Anyone remember the thread?

the problem with our cars is that they are scum bag magnets,and on top of that too many people still use them as daily drivers. i would never think of letting any of my cars out of my sight in this day and age.and hell with daily drivers too.im too poor to replace what i have if it gets stolen. the ol' lumina gets me from point A to point B just fine. the GN comes out only for shows,cruzin,and chicks. and after reading all the experiences with the pigs......i mean police,it backs my theory that 99% of cops are a-holes. :biggrin:

stolen

easy on the police bro...there may be some police out there that don't seem to care or provide service the way you may want, but by any stretch, 99% of police ARE NOT *******s...it's only 1% that are the a..h...s ;)

Glenn_A said:
easy on the police bro...there may be some police out there that don't seem to care or provide service the way you may want, but by any stretch, 99% of police ARE NOT *******s...it's only 1% that are the a..h...s ;)

I must be one unlucky mother fücker then.

Glenn_A said:

lol it was mainly a joke,but come to my city. you'll be proven wrong.

I got my 1988 Monte Carlo LS stolen from a movie theatre in 2001. Never found it, but I can't be too sad because I used the insurance check to buy my first TR.

stolen

Theft deterent?...Here's what I do/have.....#1 Sig/Sauer 40 Cal #2 I use my son's old baby monitor in the garage and the listening end in my bedroom so when I hear something... then #1 takes over ;) :D

In 1993, my '86 GN was stolen right from under my condo bedroom window. I parked in a corner spot close to my unit with a car cover and cable lock. My wife heard the car start up and leave at 2:00 am and I never heard a peep. I was pretty deep into the complex....far off of the main road and all of my neighbors knew the car, it had a deep exhaust tone from the dual flowmasters.

Someone must have followed me home one day and cased the complex after hours and took it without breaking any glass. I went to work the next morning to find the car cover crumpled in a heap where the car was parked. It's the worst feeling in the world to have something taken from you like that.

The car was never recovered but I did do a carfax on it back in 2001 to see if it would be in their records. It turns out a salvage title was issued shortly after the car was stolen..... I was never notified by the police or the insurance company. I just assumed the car was cut-up or shipped overseas in a container trailer.

this happened in chicago 95 or 96 on the southside

some a-hole tried to steal a good friends GNX, lucky the car didnt start after the clown tore up the steering column, my friend was an evidence technican with the CHI. POLICE DEPT., he lifted the fingerprints off the car , ran a check on them & finds out this fool was on parole for grand theft auto, shortly after that, his ass was back in the joint where he belongs. :D

I had a 87 T stolen in the middle of the day. Came home from work and parked it for ~2 hours. I was waiting on a few friends to show up so we could go grab something to eat. When they got there and we went outside I thought they were messing with me since the car wasn't where I parked it.

After MONTHS of fighting with the insurance company (State Farm) they finally paid. A few months went by and I bought another T. Conveniently, two weeks after adding that one to my policy they dropped me. Their claim was that I had too many moving violations, but those hadn't changed throughout the time the car was stolen, settling, or between settling and when I bought the second one. :rolleyes:

I sold the second T a year ago so I could start college.

I've also had a WRECKED El Camino stolen when I was 17. Let my mom drive it ONCE and she gets hit head on (wasn't her fault). She wasn't hurt, but the car was totaled. It sat inside the body shop for a few weeks. I settled with the insurance company, so it was left outside ONE night (was going to keep it for parts). When I went to pick it up the next day it was nowhere to be found. You can't see the body shop from any main roads. Inside job much? :mad:

Never heard anything about either. :rolleyes:

ll3lue said:
its been about 4-5 months since my 87GN was stolen...and i still have not gotten a single clue or part or nothing...did you guys get something back when ur's was stolen?? mine was litterly gone and i got nothing what so ever..

I bought my 87 GN as a stolen recovery,but I talked to the guy that owned it before me. He had gone into a bank to make a deposit,when he came back out,it was gone.. It was found about a month later in a field,no wheels ,broken column ,steering wheel cut in half,because of the club, no radio,broken windshield, pryed out trunk lock,broken header panel ,and had been kicked in different places..never caught the guys...

Ah, this thread brings back memories
A number of years ago, someone(or two) tried to steal my first GN. It had a custom paint job, so it wasn't going to just be driven around with new tags. They were either going to beat on it and dump it, or they wanted it for parts. Anyways, I got up in the morning and my girflriends son asked me if I had the hood up on my car. I laughed and said, "No...............why?" I got a little nervous and jumped up. The hood was propped open a little, so I ran out and looked. They had taken a screwdriver and poked a small hole in the passenger door pushing the clip off of the lock. Pulled the lock out of the hole, and unlocked the door. They smashed the column, and cranked the car until the battery died. Then they smashed the trunk lock into a million pieces, stole my amps out of the trunk and a socket set, but left their screwdriver behind. The only reason the car was still there was because of my Thrasher chip with anti-theft. I had just removed the alarm, because it died, and I was trying to find a good replacement, but noone would sell it. They all wanted to install it. I do all of my own work, so that wasn't going to happen. This is the best part: I had just washed the car and these guys left greasy fingerprints on the glass and on the white paint on the hood, and on the doors. When I called the police department, they told me to come down to the station. I called back because I couldn't get the car started. They told me to just bring the registration. I was pissed. They didn't even want to see the car. Then I told the woman on the phone about the prints. She asked if I knew who did it. When I told her no, she said then that wouldn't help. WHAT! I said if,"If you find out who the prints belong to and I don't know that person, then don't you think that would be a good indication of who tried to steal my car?" See told me they'd send someone out and slammed the phone down. A couple of hours later I called back and she barked into the phone that someone was coming and slammed the phone down again. He hopped out with a giant iced coffee. I thought it was funny. He was decent though, but couldn't sent the detectives out until Monday because of the weekend. What would they do if there was a murder? Throw ice on the body??
Now for part two: There was always this car that flew down the street and would always look in the driveway. Well, when we were out waiting for the police, they flew by and I think if I had thrown a rock through their windshield they wouldn't have looked. I suspected it was them, but had no proof. I called the police to see if they had gotten any info, and told them that I had a suspicion. I was told to get the plate numbers at the house. It could make matching the prints easier if it was them. A few days later when I was driving down the street one of the guys that lived there saw me driving down the street and motioned to his buddy to look at my car as I drove by. Aha, more suspicion. Then another day or so later my girlfriend saw them with a tool box just like the one that was stolen working on a car in the driveway. I never heard anything, and that was probably 10 years ago. On a positive note. A few months later one of their vans caught fire and was totally destroyed. I had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I still smiled for the rest of the day. Ah, justice.