You can type here any text you want

How many of you run drag radials on the street?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Get the Nitto's! I went through 2 pairs of the BFG drag radials in two years. They absolutely sucked! The only time I could ever pull a good 60 foot was when they were bald. I find the Nitto's seem to even hook better on the street. Every once in a blue moon the BFGs would hook, but it was rare. Nittos! Nittos!:)

BFG drag radials

I have 275 50's and mine seem to hook really well on the street. I had regular radials on before and they are a very big improvement over them.. I have seen the nitto's and the tread design is better for rain but i don't drive my car in the rain so i will stick with the bfg dr's on the street and slicks for the track.....Bob

Discount Tire, Tire Rack, and I read that even Jeg's is starting to sell em.

I've got a buddy in Houston that opened a wheel and tire shop for low riders and custom trucks that agreed to sell them to me at his cost so that he could have someone to reference the performance level. Appearently some of the bagged trucks are going supercharged and need traction, so he's pushing the Nittos, but has no personal experience with them.

If he can cut a super deal, then I'll talk to him about a GP on this board.

Erik

I'am looking to get a set of street radials and was wondering how good the nittos work at the track? I run on the street more then the track but don't have the cash to have slicks and radials.

Burnout

That's what I was woundering also.That's why I asked about the 60 foot times with these tires.Think I'm gonna start a new thread just to get this question answered since noone on this one is answering that part.

As far as 60' times go. 275-50-15 BFG drag radial 1.61[best]
255-50-16 2.20,Ithey hooked for a split second and then spun through second gear[maybe a 7lb launch was too much:D . I only made one pass on the 16"s,I discovered an oil leak and put it back on the trailer.

I'll pass on the NITTOS. I'm running Sumitomo W rated (168mph) and they hook real well. I raced a friend with a TR and Nittos a few times and jump him a couple cars out of the gate every time. $95 each for 255 50 16s. Consistant 2.0 60's at the track. Track performance of Nittos I've read about on here aren't that impressive. Good seems to be 1.8. :rolleyes: On the street, you can't sit there and heat 'em up so there is no advantage with Nittos but many disadvantages such as cost, rain driving, fast wear.

I want a quite tire on the street so I don't draw attention to my self. My buddy uses nittos and there quite but don't hook the best. I think I'am going with ET streets.

Burnout

The last man I expected to see on this thread...Johnny D.;)
Thanks for the heads up.

But are the Jap tires as soft a compound as the BFG DR or Nittos?

Erik

These tires are not drag tires. They are W rated which means they are good to 168 mph. I had ordered them randomly and found they hook pretty good. I just was never a drag radial fan. DRs are better than the Sumis' at the track but not enough for me to plunk down $150 each. Go to tirerack and find lots of information about these tires and many others.

The Nittos are a great street tire in every condition except snow. My 60' average was 1.9x on ricer Wednesdays. When the track was prepped, I could get a high 1.8 out of them and even managaed a 1.75 once. I use Nittos on the street and got a set of Hoosier QTPs 27x10.5x15 for the track since I'm too lazy to change tires there. A bad 60' with the Hoosiers is a high 1.7. My last time to the track my 60's with the Hoosiers were 1.71, 1.63, 1.68, 1.65, 1.71, 1.72. not bad for a "street" tire.

Been runnin Nitto 275 50's for th elast couple years on the street with great success. Love em.. Had sportsman pros before and these are *MUCH* better.

Back