You can type here any text you want

how many turn minimum on the factory studs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fast4Ward

with these new rims i got on the front, i've had to use a 5/16 spacer due to those pesky nipple grease caps which i've already pounded the crap out of enough because of the last rims. I can only get 7-8 turns on the lugs...am i safe?

nhra wants as much engagement forward of the rim face as the stud diameter , for stock thats 12mm (approx 1/2") of thread engagement

if your worried there are et cone lugs available (extended thread) , they wont make you nhra legal but they do grab more thread

Why would you risk it? Why haven't you installed 2" studs?
i just found the Napa part # for 2" studs...i faintley recall reading that 10 turns minimum are req'd on stock studs but not sure.
the stock studs full length is 1.75 ..i'm using 5/16 spacer so i should get the 2" if i get no confirmation i'm safe.

If the stockers are 1.75 overall, the shank is only 1.5". The 2" respectively would be 2.25 overall. You net an extra half inch of thread. Advance sells them too. It's good insurance, an easy install and they're pretty inexpensive. I have 2" all the way around on both my TRs. :)

Back