How much alky per 1/4 mile???

Mike SY

I installed the SMC kit on my Sy and it seems to be lasting forever. I have it set to come on at 14-15 #s and the pump speed is at 6-7. I heard mention that some guys use 10-12 oz. per run. I have 6 passes with a lot of short street tuning runs and the level has only dropped about an inch. Do you think there could be something wrong with the delivery or the pump??
Thanks in advance,
Mike

alcohol amount

If you have the pump set on 7 you will have to refill every 4 or 5 runs.When you push the red button at idle does it stumble the engine?Bruce

bose
Yes, the engine does stumble when I push the test button. But I have made 6- 1/4 mile passes plus numerous street tuning runs and the level in the bottle has only gone down about an inch??? I guess there is something wrong. Anyone??? Steve, are you out there?
Mike

Mine doesn't go down very fast either! I have my pump set at around 8. I haven't had it to the track, but I have a good 10 WOT blasts to about 80 and it was only at about 1/2 tank.

alcohol

One thing I might add.When I had the stock downpipe I could run my alcohol speed at 7 1/2.I installed a TH downpipe and my car was slower.I was alomost ready when to put the stock downpipe back on when I turned my pump speed down to 5 1/2.My car was back.I also had to turn the turn on point to 14 psi when racing.I put the turn on point on 10 psi when on the street.Bruce