how much boost on 91 octane ?

phil conrad

Here the "best" pump gas is 91 octane. I can only run about 15 lbs. before I get knock. I assume this normal. The motor is pretty much stock. If I need to lower my boost what way do I adjust the rod to lower it ? Thanks

Yeah....that's probably about all you'll get with 91 octane. If you are able to adjust your fuel pressure you may be able to get another psi or two, but I would watch a scantool very carefully.

What chip are you running? A chip with less timing may allow you to run more boost, but even with 93 octane pump gas the most you can hope for is around 17 psi boost.

You NEED alcohol injection!!! I've had the SMC kit for 1 1/2 years and love it.

HTH,
John

Originally posted by phil conrad
Here the "best" pump gas is 91 octane. I can only run about 15 lbs. before I get knock. I assume this normal. The motor is pretty much stock. If I need to lower my boost what way do I adjust the rod to lower it ? Thanks

Counter clockwise - to the left. Right = tight, left = loose.

_BOB

I feel your pain, going from 92 to 91 and still paying the same over the other grades:mad: , but that's CA. I've been able to run around 17 to 17.5#'s, with a 92 Thrasher, and the power plate. Also do the top engine cleaner procedure as well. Most knock I've seen is 2*