You can type here any text you want

how much boost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87LimitedT

Just getting started
How much boost can i get out of the stock turbo and stock injectors with race gas.

I betcha it'll go 30+. :eek:

Seriously though it depends a little on what else you have like heads, intercooler, ect.

The only time I ran mine at the track with the 30# inj on it I was running 18# with 104 sunoco. Stock turbo/dp/intercooler. Only upgrades were a hotwired walbro and a afpr. No knock whatsoever.

alls i got done is walbro 340 fuel pump with hot wire turbo tweak 93 chip kirbain stile 3" down pipe with ported elbow 3" single shot exughst duttweller neck and cold air intake.

Largely depends on the chip. Tell me you have a way to monitor knock, right? As that should be one of the first mods... Anyways, you should be able to get about 24# out of it with a race chip and C16 gas.

The only time I ran mine at the track with the 30# inj on it I was running 18# with 104 sunoco. Stock turbo/dp/intercooler. Only upgrades were a hotwired walbro and a afpr. No knock whatsoever.

what kind of times were you running.

What kind of chip do you have? If you can adjust timing then make your waste gate adjustable (if you haven't all ready) and go to the track. The stock turbo will run out of steam around 22-24 pounds of boost in a mostly stock setup. Go to the track and make a pass. If there's no knock turn up the boost. Go a pound at a time until you get to where you want to be and then start leaning it out. Look for knock the entire time and if you see any lift. The problem with this is that if you drive the car on the street you're going to have to de-tune it or run race gas. Also, make sure you're not running a cat if you're running leaded gas and look for your o2 cross counts to slow down as the lead will kill your o2 sensor. If I was you I'd seriously consider a alky kit as this will allow you to leave your tune alone on the street and also will let you push your injectors a little further because you're introducing more fuel to the system. HTH james

what kind of times were you running.

Ran horribly that time. I don't think the chip was matched to the injectors, the powermaster wouldn't hold any rpm, converter was out of a monte or something wierd - I think a 14.7 at 97 mph. Basically ran the car just as I had bought it. Oh and it was my first time to ever race a vehicle at a track.

Boost? A little more, a little more, kaboom, too much! Run it until it you see slight knock then back it down. Each car is different and everyone will have a different response. Watch the scan master and make small adjustments.

Back