You can type here any text you want

how much drag should s10 brakes have?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
They can be turned by hand but stop right away. Is this normal? Both sides do this. No bearing play. Sliders are greased. No excessive brake dust. Only thing I can think of is those junk Monroe ceramic pads I put on aren't machined correctly and not allowing them to float inside the caliper.

Try taking the calipers and pads off. Use a nut to hold the rotor on and try it again Jesse. The hubs are usually very tight unless worn.

I'm suspecting hubs. If it is in fact the brake pads dragging I'm gonna try new clips from dealer and see what that does. If that doesn't do it I'll get new delco ceramic pads. The aftermarket ones didn't seem to want to fit like I thought they should.

I just got a pair of brand new hubs for $36.48 shipped Jesse. If you want the link I'll email it to you.;)

I'll check into it when I get back. Won't have time to mess with it til next week. I want to see if theres anything really wrong with it before I spend any money.

If you're talking about the 2WD dual piston mod, mine dragged... the GM bearings had 18k miles on them from the truck it came off. I installed new hawk pads, put about 2500 miles on the car, drag never changed and was consistent both sides. Changed master cylinders at one point too (unrelated issue). You'd spin the front and maybe get a half turn at best before it stopped.

I did the C6 front conversion, used the same hubs/bearings, hawk pads again, significantly less drag.... I can get a turn or two out of them now even with brand new pads. My guess is caliper design... other people have complained of the same drag issue. Raybestos does make a generic "anti-drag" clip you can add to some calipers (believe I've seen it marketed for Ford calipers)... you could check to see if it fits. If I stuck with the Blazer brakes I would have looked into that next.

Back