You can type here any text you want

how much is a machined engine ready to be assembled worth?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

novaderrik

i bought a set of vortec heads for my Camaro on saturday, and i mentioned that i owned a T type. the guy tells me that he's got a mid 80's 231 in pieces all machined and ready to put back together. he didn't know the block or head casting numbers right off hand, but he said the crank was ground and polished, the rods resized and new TRW forged dished pistons installed, and the heads were all machined and rebuilt with new valve springs to match the mild Comp cam he bought for it.. he has all the gaskets and misc pieces to put it together.
he was building it as a carbed motor to swap into a Volvo of some sort, but he sold the car before getting it together.
he is going to dig it out sometime this week- he had a '51 Chrysler Hemi and a 455 Olds with Edelbrock heads blocking it in and it is sitting under a shelf that has a 71 Corvette LT1 on it..
he said it will go cheap, since he's moving in the spring and wants to get rid of everything. i was thinking of offering $500 as a starting point, but i don't want to undercut him too bad..

It will depend on who machined it and put the parts together. If it's just a local shop that's not used to doing these engines start at $200 because you really don't know if the parts will be worth it or not.

i don't know who he had do it, but there are at least 4 really good machine shops in that area.

Back