You can type here any text you want

How much is it worth?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rivical

Growing Member
I know, I know...

I hate seeing threads like this too.

But honestly, I've just kept this 83 motor around forever, and never considered it's value.

I'm thinking to sell it now though just to unload some excess garage clutter that I'll probably never use.

Got around 90K on it, computer harness roasted and so ran like crud when pulled. Also has a bad thrust bearing which allowed around 3/16" play in the crank when I pulled it. Thankfully the wiring gave out before I could really hurt it. It's complete from aircleaner to pan, balancer to flexplate.

What would be the best course to get a serious buyer? Or is that unlikely anyways? Should I pull it apart for pics? What?

And of course, what would be a fair price to me, that would still draw the pirates who always swoop in wanting everything for nothing?

prob worth more as parts.. I had a good running 85 motor YEARS ago. low mileage.. took years to sell for $500 :rolleyes: ..

prob worth more as parts.. I had a good running 85 motor YEARS ago. low mileage.. took years to sell for $500 :rolleyes: ..

That's because they knew it was you selling it Dan.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, it's a core at this point and with a possible damaged crank maybe $200 max.:)

If it's a turbo engine and all complete I'd say 3-500. If it's an n/a 100 if you are lucky

Thanks guys!...

It's a turbo motor. I would've pulled only the useful stuff from an NA with a loose crank. I felt keeping it in it's entirety was a better idea with this one though.

So, sounds like I should list it and wait, and wait...lol!

That crank might be a good way to start the donations thing you were talking about trying to start. Take it out and see what kind of condition it's in.:)

Back