You can type here any text you want

How much is this worth?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pontiac69fb

I'm looking to find out how much an 87 t type with 100,000 miles on the body needs paint, and has a "salvage title" would be worth? thx

The car defintely needs a new paint job it is cracked and sun faded and flat out ugly my dad estimates to paint the car and have the exterior looking nice body work included would cost around 3000$. The interior also needs alot of work it needs a new steering wheel, carpet, and driver seat. The dash is also cracked and there is no radio and it has tacky wires hanging down. The car runs like its running on about 3 cylinders without a turbo, even though it is a stock intercooled turbo regal limited. The good things about it though the body has no rust and the transmission does shift firm, it does seem to have we4 rims I believe though I'm not exactly sure, but the good list stops there. My dad thinks anything over $2,800 is unreasonable, and it is a "theft recovery" vehicle. I would like everyones opinion on how much this car is worth thx.

Sounds like it is going to need alot of work, time and most of all MONEY! I have seen cars that need very little around the $6000 area. That's the route I would go. Trust me, my car needed a little less than the car you explained. The money have spent already makes me sick and I still need a paint job.

HTH
Kevin

Well, if its an 87 Turbo Limited- thats one of 1035 cars. Which makes it pretty rare.

But, the salvage title kindof cancels out any special value.

I think your dad is right about dead on. You can buy a nice roller, full interior and decent body, for about that kind of money. Since that car needs quite a bit of body, interior, and mechanical I would put it down in the low $2,000 range.

I'm not an expert by any means, and I'm pretty cheap, but I have been doing some shopping lately.

For comparison,

I have a strong running, perfect interior, rusty / needs paint (its shiny, but repairing the rust will make it require paint) - 87 GN that I'll be selling for around $5,500.

Thank you guys for your help on the value of the car I think maybe it would be best if I found another car unless the guy drops his 4300$ price tag on the car to something more reasonable.

Back