How much is to much Alky

TurboPheen

O.K. Me and My friend are puttin a alcohol/water injection system in a 85 toyota supra (I know it's not a GN or a T-type but I know the people on this site have to know alot about these systems) and we want to know how much Alcohol/water (40%Alc-60%Water) is to much??? :confused:
Thank you in advance for you advise!!! :D

Just use whatever works best in your particular application. If you use all water or all alcohol or something in the middle, it won't hurt your car.

Supra turbo we assume. :)

How much will depend on a lot of factors. How much to mix will also depend ...

Most use 50/50 to straight alcohol. For me water blows the flame out so I run straight methanol. For others they like a 50/50 mix. Get the kit going and experiment, the car will let you know. Mild boost increase will work on plain water..like an extra 2 PSI..want more its starts becoming a little trickier. Have to watch detonation and monitor the motor. Straight denatured or methanol is easiest to tune.

How big of a jet? .. All this stuff is a little trial and error.

Julio

ok i did some research & seen some people are using the windshield washer resivor to opperate the system.... & i got a nozzle from a Weed/Plant killer spayer. But i think it sprays 2 much water & im afraid of hydro locking the motor

I see you guys are running str8 alky will this still have the same cooling effect as the 40/60 mix ???

thanx

Under Pressure !
Alex

Alex,
Why do you want to run alcohol/water injection?

What do you want to gain?

How fast is the car? How fast do you want it to be?

What mods?

Your questions are way to general to get a real answer, fast car is a fast car. The windshield washer over flow usually is too small to support any volume...and if you car is modded dont scimp on this. If its stock and want to run 1-2 extra PSI anything will work.

Again..better details on the motor and goals :)

1985 Toyota Supra 2.8 I6
Toyota Factory 1991 Supra Turbo
12PSI No Intercooler
Upgraded 295cc's Injectors
Cartech Rise & Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
Hacked Mas Flow

My motor runs hot !!
from being

I want to use the water injection 2 drop combustion Temps.

idunno if this helps ......sorry 2 soud a lil stupid water injection is new 2 me
:confused:

It runs hot from being LEAN

the car has abot 245-255 hp now

I want to make a strong 300+ hp 2 wheels

I know i will need to intercool
& its in the works as we speak
just trying to open my doors in ways of rasing Boost
:cool:

My motor is basically on the edge with my set up i want 2 drop the Combustion temps 2 get a safer enviroment & then raise boost accordingly

Mods

1985 Supra I6 non-Turbo converted 2 Turbo
HKS metal Headgasket 1.2mm bead type
droped compression to 8.8:1
3 angle valve job
1991 Toyota Supra Exhaust Manifold, Turbo, & downpipe
Upgraded the factory 188cc injectors to 295'cc
2.5" Hotpipe (No intercooler Turbo Str8 2 Manifold)
Hacked Mass Flow 2 Lean out fuel a litle bit (this is necessary for me because if i make no adjustmints the car will be pig rich at idle & if i go 2 lean i will dry up on the top end)
Cartech Rise & Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator 10:1
ACT 2600 Clutch

Factory the car makes 165 hp

Now im making 245-255hp

Thanx

Alex

Your obstacle is going to be location of components. Where you going to mount this stuff. And under your hood its pretty tight.

You also may need a selenoid to shut the alky off when in vacuum depending on where you place the nozzle.

If the car is lean, fix your fueling problem first. Alcohol doesnt fix bad tune-ups.