You can type here any text you want

How Much Rwhp To Run 145mph?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quint

Hey guys, as you may know I am bulding a stage 2 GN with Conleys Performance plus in houston. How much RWHP does it take on a mustang dyno and a dynojet dyno to run 145mph in the 1/4 at 3600 lbs. I know alot plays into this, but just basically rule of thumb for these cars on both dyno's. Thanks for the assist:cool:

Generaly speaking you will need 700-750 on a dynojet depending on the quality of the tourque converter. 500-600 will get the mid
130's 600-700 seems to be the mark for low 140's , Again this is general as I have seen many High dyno #'s that don't seem to get it done at the track . I also have had 600hp to the wheels on my dyno that ran over 145 because the converter never locked up in the short pull time .

ERIC RANKIN
Unlimited Motorsports
IT"S BACK !!!!
Hope to be at BG
earlier testing netted low 5's at 143 in 1/8 th;)

thanks for the info, the turbo is q76 with stage 2 heads and the stall will be in the 4000 or so with a 400 tranny ready to rock

Originally posted by tiredaylite@330
ERIC RANKIN
Unlimited Motorsports
IT"S BACK !!!!
Hope to be at BG
earlier testing netted low 5's at 143 in 1/8 th;)
Does this mean this year???
Would be cool to see you there,My car is almost ready also

Yes, looking at June and learning to handle it. Wont take long, but will be fun. I just dont want to break something quickly, so will see alot more track than street and will probably only run 24#'s for a while, who cares if leagving power on the table, as long as it turns mid to 9.30-9.40's God willing :)

I wish Eric's numbers were right. My car dyno'd 605 at the wheels and it's no where near 140mph. 3640#'s with me in it.

Originally posted by Quint
How much RWHP does it take on a mustang dyno and a dynojet dyno to run 145mph in the 1/4 at 3600 lbs.:cool:

I have a customer that made 675 RWHP @ 21 lbs of Boost on my Mustang Dyno. The car weighs 3500. With a 1.35 60 fts he has run 9.40 @ 143 MPH,That was @ 23 lbs of boost.(figure that was 685RWHP) & If you add 20% for drivetrain loss, That equals 807 FlyWheel HP. Not all dynos are the same. Dyno jets read about 12% higher then Mustang Dynos.(thats my own personal exp. Other peoples will differ) Hope this helps.:)

Back