You can type here any text you want

How often do you clean your intercooler??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
!

Thanks, I doubt mine has ever been done but maybe it has!!??

What

do you use to clean,,something like carb cleaner or a solvent????

Use carb cleaner. I did when I first got the car. Bone stock, so there was still that oil line (not oil, forgot what it was for PCV??) hooked up.

TONS of OIL in the (3k mile, stocker) IC and Plenum/intake. Ran like ****. Stumbled hard core on tip in, etc.

Cleaning the IC made a WORLD of difference. You might be surprised.

How often (I think) really depends on how much you drive it, and if you STILL have that (useless) line hooked up/not plugged. And the conditions in which you drive it.

Every year, use the 'spring cleaning guide' listed in the TTA FAQ list. 'NEEDED' or not, just an important ritual. And fairly easy and quick.

M

Gasoline works just fine. After cleaning with gas just wash with soap (something like dawn). Let her dry.:D

Why would your IC get dirty?

Unless your running around with no air filter, or the seal on your turbo is bad.. if not.. why clean something thats clean?

Well

I guess thats what you get when someone with no mechanical ability starts to think haha.

Just figured they needed cleaned on a regular basis I guess:confused:

Thanks
Ty

Like I said. I clean mine every year removing bugs in such in the fins and using carb cleaner inside the IC.When I first did this spring cleaning to my car, the IC was full of black tarnish crap caked on the walls of the IC(bad stock turbo?). Ever since then the carb cleaner has come out clean. I also hose the TB down with carb cleaner to remove tarnish. I had less KR after the first cleaning(bugs and tarnish were bad though) ....Im sure results very.

Bo

thats what I thought

My last GN had 23,000 actual miles and we took off the intercooler and it was kind of like "just dirty and road grimey" and I cleaned it and it "seemed" quicker seat of the pants anyway.

Ty

Back