You can type here any text you want

How to adjust rear brake shoes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WH1

I couldn't find a step by tep process. I have the S10 cylinders and both S10 brake shoes installed but the mechanic who put them on for me didn't want them adjusted too tight. I can't hold hardly any boost on the line so I need to adjust them correctly. Anybody care to tell me? Thanks.

ive been told backing up and braking quickly several times
will set the adjusters.someone will chine in who knows.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Someone told you could adjust them thru the emergency brake?

i would pull each drum and adjust the adjusters by hand. you will be able to tell the difference by putting the drums on and off by hand. they will either get tighter or looser by you turning the adjuster. once you pull the drum you will see the adjuster im talking about

i would pull each drum and adjust the adjusters by hand. you will be able to tell the difference by putting the drums on and off by hand. they will either get tighter or looser by you turning the adjuster. once you pull the drum you will see the adjuster im talking about

+1

I adjust mine until there is slight drag on the drum when you turn it.

WH1, the adjuster is at the buttom of the brake assembly. There is a slot in the backing plate for adjusting the tension on the brakes. When replacing the brake pistons and shoes, I like to adjust the shoes out to where the drum will barely slide on. With the brakes set this way I can hold 15# and the car not even think about moving, and never had a braking issue on the highway. If you need any help give me a call.

Pat

Back