how to build boost on the line?

MarkieMark

Im having a hard time figuring out what works best to build boost on the line. This is my first turbo car ive ever raced. Do I just hold the brake and slowly bring the rpms up? Or do I flash it when the light turns green? Any advise will be appreciated.

break as hard as you can, bring the boost up slowly. Takes practice and feel. Depends on turbo and torque converter combo.

Best way to test it would be to just go out and practice on the street LOL...your neighbors will love you for it. I always mashed the brakes and floored it while watching the boost/tach (among all the other gauges too) and listening to see when tires brake free.

Do you have the s10 brake rear cylinder upgrade ? or vaccume brakes ?

thought everyone with a Te45A was runing 10's with stock longblocks :rolleyes:

You can build it up slow or quick...it's all in the practice.

On the street you will just push your front wheels forward if they are skinny's.

At a sticky track you can hold alot more.

I once had the idea of putting dual caliper areospace disks on the rear. Then I came to my senses, leaving with 20psi would rip the 2004r and 8.5 rear apart.

I can hold 8 to 10 on the footbrake.

An idea

There is also that new 2 step rev limiter... Full Throttle and Eric are taking pre-orders. There are video links on the thread about it.