You can type here any text you want

How to change grid set points on tables

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

Currently my XFI tables have a max grid set point of 280 for MAP(kPa)...I raced last Friday and found that the setting isn't high enough...green ball was running off end of table...so I need to change those grid settings and increase the max...what should I set it to?...how do you correspond the boost PSI you're running with the MAP number?...do I need to reset all the grid numbers for MAP?...I see you can reset each grid number seperately...is there any easy way to set all the grid numbers at once?...like set a MIN and a MAX and XFI will set the numbers in between...

Is the MAP set??

Currently my XFI tables have a max grid set point of 280 for MAP(kPa)...I raced last Friday and found that the setting isn't high enough...green ball was running off end of table...so I need to change those grid settings and increase the max...what should I set it to?...how do you correspond the boost PSI you're running with the MAP number?...do I need to reset all the grid numbers for MAP?...I see you can reset each grid number seperately...is there any easy way to set all the grid numbers at once?...like set a MIN and a MAX and XFI will set the numbers in between...

280 is a 2 bar map. If it's a 3, you need to change the setup.
The instructions for grid changes can be seen at HEP, 8.2 Defining Grid Set Points, in the HELP section.

I changed the setting for bar map and here's the results...this is the MAX grid number I saw on the VE table:

2 bar - 187
3 bar - 280
4 bar - 376

...can someone verify whether these are right or wrong...

So 200 kpa = 29.4 PSI boost?...OK now I'm confused...the max on my tables is 280 and I was going off the end of the table at 25 PSI...

If it says 3 bar,
Do this
The scale is variable
If you put you pointer on the kpa valuew you can set each point to what you want
Its called variable scaling
the top line should be 309 and scaled down

29 psi is around 300kpa. 0-100 kpa is vacuum since atmospheric pressure is around 100kpa

on the xfi, you can double -click on the kpa value and change the scale to whatever you want

Appreciate the input but why is the green ball going off the end of the table at 25 PSI boost??...I also know I can change the grid values...if I set the MAX to 309 what should the ones in between the MIN value and the MAX be??...isn't XFI supposed to set these for me...if I set the parameter to 3 bar map is the MAX supposed to be 309?...guess I'm trying to determine if something is wrong with my XFI software...

You can scale the table how you wish. If you want you can take a look at callmeebryan's pic and set your kpa #'s to match his. Just click on them and change them.

Take a look at your log. If your over 314kpa you are over 30# of boost and that's why you are seeing the bubble go out of range.

Ok...so I need to rescale my tables...is there any calculation for each row between the MIN/MAX values?...my table starts at 25 and goes to 309...should the values for the rows in between be evenly spaced...

Did you change the max settings when you wrote the program, or is this something you got from someone else?

MSDGN... you have to remember that 0-100KPA is all vacuum. from 100kpa on is your boost reading. You will notice that when you have the key in the ON position but the car is not started, the cell will be at 0RPM at about 100kpa.

So if you are passing 280kpa, that means you are passing 1.8bar of boost. If you are running 25psi, thats 1.72 bar, or around 270kpa. A 3 bar map sensor can only read up to 300kpa, or 2bar of boost, or 29psi. Ideally, if you are around 27-28psi, thats pushing the limits of a 3bar map.

With the XFI, you can double click the Y axis points and disignate a value to that point... with the B2B you cant. So i suggest you manually input the Y axis values, starting with 0, and increasing by 19 as you go up. 300/16 = 18.75... So incriments of 19 should cover you for a 3 bar map.

so 0,19,38,57,76, and so on

The cool thing about the XFI is that the ability to designate Y value points allows you to alter the resolution for MAP in the tune... this allows you to fine tune certain areas of your map... for example idle areas may not be very important, where as boost areas you may want to fine tune it. Cant do that with my B2B :(.

Please be advised... when you change the KPA values, you are messing with the tune a bit. So make sure you get some logged passes and check all your vitals in the process. ;)

Thanks for all the info...one more dumb question...suggestions have been made to set the MAX value at 309...plus I looked at the XFI tables of someone else at the track running a GN and he had a MAX of 309 also...why this number and not 300...305...310 etc...is 309 an arbitrary number or is it significant...

Thanks for all the info...one more dumb question...suggestions have been made to set the MAX value at 309...plus I looked at the XFI tables of someone else at the track running a GN and he had a MAX of 309 also...why this number and not 300...305...310 etc...is 309 an arbitrary number or is it significant...

Well, if you notice, mine is at 314.... im pretty sure thats there to leave a buffer incase you start creeping over 2bar of boost... a 3 bar map sensor is designed to read 1.8 bar of boost (ACTUALLY), however it can see a little more than that... FAST says the 3 bar they use can read up to 30psi...

Basically all your map sensor is doing is sending a voltage to the FAST. Your fast reads this voltage and corresponds it to a MAP reading. Your 3 bar map sensor will be able to put out a little over the voltage it was designed to do, but then you risk damaging the map sensor and good lord, lets not think about anything else :eek:

Like i said before, if you find yourself reaching near 300... you should look in to getting a 3.5bar,4bar, or 5 bar map sensor. Remember though, as you increase the amount of boost the map sensor reads, you are decreasing the resolution in your map, because your map still stays 16 cells high.

Back