You can type here any text you want

how to fix brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

drhodes123

i think i have the conversion kit installed on my car. recently the hose that goes to the engine poped off and ever since prakes dont feel the same even with the hose on brak pedal seems soft what can i do to fix it??:confused:

Vacuum conversion brakes are simple.
A soft pedal is typically indication of air in the system.
Strange that you didn't notice it until the hose popped off.
Do you have the correct check valve b/w the motor and the booster?

Hydroboost Conversion

Supercharging The Vacuum Booster Was An Idea That Buick Did Not Want To Be Liable For. When The Hose Blows Off The Vacuum Booster, Buick Knew That Not All People (ladies In Particular) Would Not Have The Leg Muscle To Stop A Heavy Fast Car With No Power Assist. The Car Would Be Wrecked. If The Rubber Valve, Inside The Check Valve Is Forced Into The Booster, Then There Is No Check Valve, And Under Supercharging, The Vacuum Booster Would Blow Apart. Like Sticking The Shop Blow Gun Inside It.the Other Possibility On The Soft Pedal Would Involve Using The Powermaster Pedal. With It's Higher Pin Location, It Would Cause That Mushy, Springy Pedal. The P/m Uses A 1.250" Master Piston, And The Regal Vacuum Booster Uses A 24mm (15/16") Piston. The Pedal Must Be Changed. The Hydroboost Uses The Same Pedal As The Powermaster.

Back