You can type here any text you want

how to mount under hood fuel guage???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCC1701

I have just got the mechanical fuel pressure guage with the adater fitting for the fuel rail schrader fitting. It has the braided line so i can stick it under the wiper arm for test and tune, but how is everyone mounting it securely under the hood when it is not being used?
Currently I have it zip tied to the bracket for the wiper arm motor. Not to conveniant, but safe and secure till WE ;) Come up with something better.

Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated:D

I route mine under the maf tube and off to the side of the a/c hoses next to the cruise control vac pod. This way the line won't rub up against the spinning alt fan pulley.

I can have it in into position under the wiper for tuning in 15sec. Here is a pic of it http://www.rcspoolers.com/motor.jpg

HTH,

Ron

to doughboy

Did you get really noticable power gains from the modifications in yr Dec 9 message ? Anyone add a BigMouth to this to see if that made a further noticable difference ? Tks

Re: to doughboy

Originally posted by johnm
Did you get really noticable power gains from the modifications in yr Dec 9 message ? Anyone add a BigMouth to this to see if that made a further noticable difference ? Tks

?, from the fuel press gauge? Or the Big Mouth intake? The intake makes it feel more responsive on the butt dnyo. Also seems like the car accelerates a little "easier", sounds better too. That pic does not show the BM intake though.

Ron

Best place to keep the fuel pressure gauge is with your diagnostic tools in the tool chest.

Then it will work and read properly next time you need to stick it under the wiper or to check/adjust the fuel pressure. :)

Interesting Idea...........

TheDoughboy, I like that idea, but I have another question for you.
Do you have it secured there somehow until you need it? Or is it just kinda sitting over in that corner? I am getting ready to install my homemade (read CHEAP:) ) cold air kit and am not sure how much room i will have there until I get it installed:)

SalvageV6, I know that's where I should put it, but I don't want to be taking it on and off everytime I want to check my fuel pressure, at least not until I get it tuned properly.

Thanks for the ideas, I really appreciate it
Any other suggestions????
:D

NCC1701,

It Never really moves out of position, it is the Same spot every time I lift the hood. So for me at least, this placement works fine. You can still set it in the same spot with a cold air kit, no worries there.

Ron

Back