How to secure an LT1/LS1 MAF?

87GNPEI

It obviously won't bolt up the the stock bracket how do you guys keep yours secure? Pics or a good explanation please!!

The MAF pipe holds it in place.

leave all the hose clamps loose until you get the pipe and MAF angled and clocked just right. Then lock everything down at once making sure it nothing rubs the alternator pulley or radiator hose and the IAC wiring won't get chaffed.

Lose it. Most likely it's leaking.

Hmm problem here you must have a hard pipe I still have the stock one

Here's the tip for today then.
Contact Kirbans Performance for an old stock ATR stainless 3" MAF Pipe c/w gear clamps & silicone coupings.
They're a steal at $39.99 , but limited qty's...so better grab one quick!

dave

Contact Kirbans Performance for an old stock ATR stainless 3" MAF Pipe c/w gear clamps & silicone coupings.

dave
It wouldn't be leaking it was recently replaced, but thanks 1Kwiksix, I think ill go over to that website and buy one, it'll fix my problem and spruce up the engine bay a little and for the price you can't go wrong, I haven't been on this forum long but you guys seem to be very helpful and no question Is too small or stupid, I'm new to this vehicle and there is zero support for them where I live, most don't even know what's in it for an engine, so I thank you guys for helping me out so far I appreciate it very much!

1kwiksix any chance you can give me the link for that intake tube I can't seem to find it

dave
1kwiksix any chance you can give me the link for that intake tube I can't seem to find it

I couldn't find it either. Looks like the the ATRs are gone and the choices are $95 alum or $72 in black. Sucks too. $40 is smokin deal. The couplers and clamps are worth that.

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/245/POLISHED+ALUMINUM+MASS+AIR+FLOW+PIPE+#6975.html

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/pr...coated+ALUMINUM+MASS+AIR+FLOW+PIPE+#6719.html

Guess that's because Dennis only has them listed in his InnerCircle newsletter. You need to contact Dennis personally in order to get one. Here's the link & also an excerpt from his recent Innercircle that I've cut & pasted for ya! It's the first item P-1874

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/inner_circle.php?nak=260

RARE PARTS FROM US -

On the below rare listed parts below we accept PayPal or credit card. You must email me personally - denniskirban@yahoo.com - to inquire about the availability of the part. Do not send money or credit card info until I have sent you a confirmation email as to the availability of the part listed. Be sure to refer to the Part Number we have assigned to the part. Shipping can be combined, if more than one item below is purchased.

P-1874 - For the 1986-1987 Turbo Regal, we have about 5 left of the ATR brand new polished stainless mass air pipes that ATR use to sell for $79.95 each back as recently as 2002. Each polished stainless pipe comes with two new hoses and four clamps. The polished stainless pipe measures 12” inches long. This allows you to run a variety of size cone filters without having to relocate the fuel canister. Just $39.95 each and $8 shipping.

P-1898 - A good used tested original GM brake accumulator bowl that still looks good on the outside. Just $75 and $10 shipping. NEW LOWER PRICE.

P-1903 - For any 1986-1987 Turbo Regal, the third brake light socket with a new bulb installed. The factory tab where the plug goes in is not busted! Very hard to find today. The price is $20 and $8 shipping.

P-1908 - See Photo 1 in issue 05-15-2013 - Deal includes both these items plus a brand new AC Delco lighted key chain as seen in 4-24-2013 Inner Circle. All 3 items which are unique for $20, which includes shipping by mail. I have two sets.

P-1915 - Packaged Deal - One mint used correct rear view mirror and one used correct "Made in England" radiator cap. Both for $24 and $6 shipping. Correct for all 1984-1987 Turbo Regals.

P-1918 - For the 1986-1987 Turbo Regals, I have 2 brand new factory cam sensors. Very hard to find brand new. List is over $300 each. These are just $149.95 each plus $10 shipping. I have 2 to sell.

P-1921 - For 1984-1987 Turbo Regal, gray bucket seats our old style, never used, slip-on grey seat covers. Just $69.95 and $10 shipping. NEW LOWER PRICE

P-1923 - We have brand new in the original double box the GMP 1/25 scale 1987 Grand National diecast. Excellent detail and I think superior to the larger 1:18 scale. The price is $79.95 and $10 shipping. NEW LOWER PRICE

This should work for the stock flex-hose & less than $3.00 to boot:
& will still be good if/when you get a hard-pipe...
(I'm using a 3" hard pipe w/ an 85mm MAF ,but it should work)
I went to Home Depot & found this:
its a 3" to 3.5" coupler
Found it in the air duct section, (not plumbing!)

part # IRB43 ($2.50ish)

its light & thin, but sturdy enough

Here it is installed;
I just shot it black, trimmed the notch to align the MAF
& glued it (rtv) to the MAF
works like a charm & cheap to boot!

You could just work flex hose over coupling & hose clamp the small end.

Do_O

It wouldn't be leaking it was recently replaced, but thanks 1Kwiksix, I think ill go over to that website and buy one, it'll fix my problem and spruce up the engine bay a little and for the price you can't go wrong, I haven't been on this forum long but you guys seem to be very helpful and no question Is too small or stupid, I'm new to this vehicle and there is zero support for them where I live, most don't even know what's in it for an engine, so I thank you guys for helping me out so far I appreciate it very much!
I got one of those ATR MAF Pipes from Dennis. It's a nice piece, and like you said, for the price you can't go wrong. The only thing to note is because the pipe has a shallow curve it gets very close to the bolt that holds the radiator hose bracket and alternator. You can gain additional clearance by trimming the end of the bolt or do what I did and use a small piece of vacuum hose to cover the end of the bolt to protect your shiny new MAF Pipe from being scratched up.
photo(5).jpg

I got one of those ATR MAF Pipes from Dennis. It's a nice piece, and like you said, for the price you can't go wrong. The only thing to note is because the pipe has a shallow curve it gets very close to the bolt that holds the radiator hose bracket and alternator. You can gain additional clearance by trimming the end of the bolt or do what I did and use a small piece of vacuum hose to cover the end of the bolt to protect your shiny new MAF Pipe from being scratched up.

I gained clearance from the bolt rubbing a hole in the MAF pipe Now I have a steel one in it's place.