How to Stop Airbag Hole from Radiant Heat

SpeedRacerX

Ended up with a hole in the driver side Air Lift Airbag (in two different air bags) due to radiant heat from the Pypes exhaust pipe being so close to the spring and bag. The passenger side was stretched and deformed (like it was being heated) and looked like it was ready to pop too. I did not have heat shields.

This weekend, I replaced both bags AND installed the heat shields that come with the kit. Once the car was lowered, it looks like the passenger heat shield will help on that side.

But on the driver side, it's the big curved bend of the exhaust that ends up closest to the spring and bag where it becomes nearly impossible to put a shield on the curve.

Has anyone dealt with this? Should I get some exhaust wrap and wrap that area? It is very tight in that area between the exhaust and the spring.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I would wrap the tailpipes in that area with header wrap.
I haven't used any of the new fangled stuff, but It's amazing how much heat the fiberglass stuff blocks.

I would suggest getting an HR Sway Bar and fuggitaboudallofit................

Lol. I have that too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And you need airbags, too?

Damn, I wish I had that kind of torque...... :eek:
I'm sure you have more torque than I do. Lol.

The bags were only there to stop the fender lip from coming down and hitting the wide 295s. I did roll the fender lips recently but I kept the bags as I feel this car still drops a lot when taking off even with the Bilsteins and Kirban progressive springs.

Was worried more about the squat than the twist.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk