Hybrid Wiring (Under Dash)

turbojustin

Ninja
I've asked this before and have yet to get an answer. I'm extremely pressed for time with my project so I'll ask again with the small chance that someone may know the answer or be able to find out the answer. Here goes.

I am in the middle of converting an NA 3.8 Regal over to LC2. Namely, it's an 84 4 door Limited car, SLEEPER. So far, everything has been going together without a hitch with the exception of the under dash wiring. The engine wiring will plug into the dash wiring (pass. side, near ECM), but the NA dash wiring is lacking a few wires as compared to the LC2 engine wiring and some wires are different colors than the engine wiring. Does anyone know if the NA dash harness and the turbo Dash harness are plug and play swappable? I've heard before that the two different dash wirings should be the same except the NA harness does not have a wire for the factory boost and tach of the turbo cars.

Long story short... I CAN swap my under dash harness for a turbo under dash harness, but is it a must? Like I said, I'm pressed for time and hate to spend an entire weekend swapping wiring harnesses if I don't have to.

Also, If anyone has access to a wiring pinout diagram for an 84 NA 3.8 Regal please chime in.

THANKS

i have a 87 tr that i swaped a n/a dash cluster into . The pinouts on the the clusters are diffrent. I spent 5 or 6 hours tracing wires to get the dummy lights i wanted to work. It would be easier to swap the harnesses in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply.
Whe you say "dash cluster" are you referring to the instrument panel or the entire dash and wiring harness?

Earlier this week, I swapped out the dash wiring harness from a TR. I still have the NA instrument cluster. Will I need to install a TR instrument cluster to get it to work properly?

I'd swap the entire Turbo Regal harness over. Figuring out pin positions and tracing wires can take as much time as doing the change-over.