You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost 2.0

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Yanked the ugly, pos cardone reman leaking $20 iron master in favor of a new $140 fenco master from an '81 Eldorado from Autozone. Mated right up to my 84/85 hydroboost unit in my 87 T. It looks much more modern, lighter weight and its new so hopefully won't leak like cardone remans do. The fenco master is part number NM1740. Wish I could drive it for a full report, but rearend is still apart waiting on new eaton limited slip as you can see the incline in the reservoir from the rear of the car being jacked up right now.

423uvb9

How did you come to the conclusion that the Fenco NM1740 would work with the hydroboost booster?

I went to RockAuto website and started searching on random 80's GM masters for bore size and threads/port sizes in the descriptions for hydroboost equipped GM cars and light trucks in hopes of matching something up. There is a right hand drive S-10 with a master that would supposedly fit, but good luck getting one of those. So I measured my current hydroboost and it has a 1.5 inch hole to fill and 3.4 inch center to center on the two mounting studs. I also found a post in this thread here mentioning on guy used the '81 Eldorado/Tornado master on his. I figured, whats a couple bucks so let's find out!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...373-what-best-aluminum-master-hydroboost.html

I thought the cardone booster specified for 1983/1984 TRs accepted up to a 1 inch bore. Let us know how it works out.

The bore is supposed to be 1" but the physical hole it fits into measure 1.5" dia.

Got the rearend in last night, drove the car this morning. The Fenco '81 Eldorado master is perfection! Since I got the new one, the kit also comes with everything you need to bench bleed it, which was nice.

Back