You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboclam

I have replaced......... hydroboost, master cylinder, proportioning valve, calipers. Brakes seem to bleed OK. The pedal feels good until I start the car. Pedal almost goes to the floor when engine running. What is the proper way to bleed this setup and am I missing something? Thanks

How old is the booster and lines? Are there any leaks? Is the power steering pump in good shape? If there are any shavings that have come from the steering gearbox to the booster that is a killer. I run an in line filter in the hose between the gearbox and the reservoir to keep any possible shavings out.
Anyway these are just some ideas.

i had the same problem u were having when u start the car the pedal would go to the floor. there is still alot of air in the system i bought a mityvac and bled the brakes with that 10 mins and i was done. if you have any more questions just pm me and i will give you my phone number

Did you bleed the master cylinder first before bleeding the rest of the system ?

Hydro

Thanks Wrath! I did not bleed master cylinder before installing on car. Oops. I figured that I would bleed it out by the pedal. I will bleed it again. Thanks, Michael

Back