You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost install problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rose

Formerly t'squick6
When i put the master on the big circle part of the booster wont allow the master to go on without it depressing the plunger on the master. Whats wrong with the booster that its doing this. On the first image you can see that it sticks out a little too far.
1026130951a.jpg1026130951.jpg

are the master and the booster fomr same car? sounds like they may not be a matched set.

The booster is used off a 84-85 gn and the master is a reman unit for the same yr car

I just took the booster off and once i took it off the pedal the rod assembly moved back to where its suppose to be. Obviously its the wrong pedal so i'll post a pic of the one thats on it once i get it off.

The pedal on the left is what i used for the hydroboost and the right is my vacuum. As soon as i took the booster off of the the left pedal it returned where it should be.
1026131630.jpg

I had this problem when I used a aluminum MC from a different application. All I did was put a flat washer on each stud between the booster and MC, problem solved.

I had this problem when I used a aluminum MC from a different application. All I did was put a flat washer on each stud between the booster and MC, problem solved.
What mc did you use?
I used a cadillac app and didn't need any additional mods other than massaging the lines front to back and back to front on the mc.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I tried both the cadillac master and cast one. It sticks out too far to just put one washer between them.

Should there be anything between the firewall and booster to space it out some?

I bolted the four studs to the pedal bracket with the firewall in between.
Did the booster come with the rod attached? Are you sure you are using the powermaster pedal?

IMAG1250.jpg

Here is where I measured the center to center from stud to fulcrum. Does yours measure like this one? I didn't measure the actuating rod as I thought that was the only length as the boosters were only used on turbo regals but maybe they were stock on some diesels but that pedal and actuating rod should be the same if it came from a g body. Was the hydroboost installed on big cars with diesels, or did big cars even get diesels? I'm not sure.

I'll check that measurement and i think im using the powermaster pedal. I posted a pic on the one i was using on post 6.

Did you get it figured out?

No i haven't. I put the vacuum back on for time being to go racing until winter. I'm going to get back on it when the tracks close.

Did you switch pedals to go back to vac?

Yep. I may just put a trans brake in the gn and that would solve the problem too. I've got another car i can put the hydroboost in.

Yep. I may just put a trans brake in the gn and that would solve the problem too. I've got another car i can put the hydroboost in.

Did you ever figure out if you had the right pedal.....

Back