You can type here any text you want

Hydroboost question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I am currently gathering all the parts required to conver my 1987 Regal T's powermaster brake set up over to a hydroboost set up. Yesterday I picked up a remanned Hydroboost by Cardone. Inside is a slip of paper that reads:

You must reuse the master cylinder spring, pushrod and spring retainer from the original hydroboost when installing this replacement unit.

This is the first time I've ever messed with a hydroboost brake set up. However when I put the hydroboost and the master cylinder together, it looks as if there was already a push rod inside the hydroboost? It even fit snugly up against the master cylinder and would require a little bit of a push to get the two to seat up.

Obviously since I'm doing a conversion, I do not just have an old hydroboost to rob any parts off of that I need. I'm a little confused here....does anyone have a pic of this part or know where I can get it?

Thanks in advance

You don't have to switch anything at all. I don't know of anyone who had to do that with a Cardone, including myself. Put the unit in straight out of the box. All the units I have seen have that note in them. :)

Back