You can type here any text you want

hydroboost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

What year and model Master Cylinder do I use with the hydroboost unit I tried to use the one on my car now which is from a vaccum set up but it won't fit ,the housing on the MC is to big. I would like one that has a aluminium body and a plastic resivoir. Tin Man are you out there ?? Thanks ED

I just used the same master cylinder that the hydroboost came with. It is from a 1995 Chevy Astro van. Do you know from which specific vehicle your hyrdo came from?

From reading hydratech's forum, he does not recommend going with anything larger than a 1 1/8" bore size on the master. Bore size is supposed to affect peddle feel. With that being said, the Astro is a 1 1/4" and the pedal did not feel too soft or too hard.

I would assume that any vehicle that comes with a hydroboost sytem would have interchangeable masters.

My master cylinder came from a Camaro- a second gen with disc/drum combo. Well, it was new, but it's a Camaro master cylinder. It has a 1-1/8" bore. Since Camaros didn't have hydroboost, that would seem not to be a problem.

Back