You can type here any text you want

HydroboOst

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HUENEMEGN

So last nite I Finnish installing my hydroboost, but my brakes don't work . They are very soft and they dont stop the car becuse it tried ?? Everything is connected correct . But I didn't bench bleed the master cylinder because I was told it can be done while I bleed the brakes but I guess not ?? I got the hydroboost from oreilys and it stating that I need to reuse the spring and pushrod from the original unit, witch I don't have . any suggestions ?? Thanks

Can I bleed it while in the car or should I just take off the car. Pretty simple to take off any ways , but if I don't have to remove it even better ? Thanks

bleed them till it hurts. went thru the same deal with them.double check for any leaks and bleed, bleed and bleed again! turbonut85 gave me the insight to getting them working. he posted step by step instruction very cool guy.

Ok , I'm going to bench bleed the mastercylinder and see what happens ?? What about spring and pushrod I've been reading about ?? Do I need that ??

So today I remove the reman. cardone mastercylinder and bench bled it , there was alot of air . So I pumped it till absolutely no more bubble came up then I installed it n my car. Then I began to bleed my brake line at each wheel starting from the furthest , but just little trickles of fluid and air will come out after several pumps ?? So after checking everything I thought of , I checked the lines at the mastercylinder and verified that the rear line wasn't pushing fluid through , with the line disconnected ? So I figured a bad mastercylinder !! So my question is if I can us a plastic resivior masterclylinder. I found one at Autozone in stock with a 1 1/4 bore size . Is this ok . So I don't have to order one and that will take a couple of days??

I've seen some guys who used a plastic resivior mastercylinder with Hydroboost.

Have not heard of any issues using one.

Dannyo

I bled my MC on the car. I just jacked the back of the car up so the fluid was level in the MC, attached the tubes and port adapters and bled away. The key is getting the MC level so you don't let bubbles get trapped.

If you aren't getting fluid out of the rear while bleeding, check to make sure the proportioning valve poppet isn't popped out. I don't know how critical it is to clamp the valve when bleeding, but I have always done it.

prop-valve.jpg

I've seen some guys who used a plastic resivior mastercylinder with Hydroboost.

Have not heard of any issues using one.

Dannyo

Yeah, a fellow board member, TurboTnZ06 used an MC from a 1981 Caddy Eldorado. :)

I'm pretty sure I have the piston pushed in th proportioning valve with a clamp . But no fluid will come out of the mastercylinder brake line . I think it's the front brake port ?? I'll try using a plastic resevior instead ?? I found a tech article at cedar tech speed lab, and it said =

If you want a more modern looking plastic reservoir, your options are:

Fenco Power Brake Master Cylinder (I'd still paint this because it will rust)
Part No. NM2220
Fenco Master Cylinder Reservoir (needed with item number 1)
Part No. R25536
Master Cylinder conversion for GN from Powerbrake-drivetrain
(complete master and reservoir. Works with stock 83/84 hydroboost unit like the Cardone 10-1984 used in my swap)

I'm planning on useing the top two items because the mastercylinder is new but the reservoir is reman ? and I assemble it my self ?? just hope the piston is the same size ?? Thanks guys

Back