Hypertech 3 and ramcharger strip

S

Sergeant

When I bought my car it came with these 2 chips. Haven't tried the ramcharger as it is a strip chip up to I believe 22#. My question is I am upgrading to an alky kit. Will the hypertech chip 93 octane chip work with the alky or will it not offer enough timing. My other option is using the ramcharger chip but will it work in normal everyday driving when not under heavy boost. I plan on having the alky come on at 10# and max boost at 21#. Can these chips be modified with a boost limiter on it and how much would it cost and intail?

Hypertech Stage 3 is garbage. Throw it in the trash can. Old technology and about the only value it has now is that its a eprom and a carrier. The Ramcharger chip, if its a race chip, may be a bit much for the street with alcohol. I would also assume that the Ramchargers chip has anti tamper code so no one but them (Or someone who could remove the anti tamper code) could change it. I seriously doubt you will find anyone willing to remove their anti tamper code and revise the chip for you. Only a few of the chip guys could even do it and I think most of us have enough respect for the other not to do it. I'm sure you could send it back to Ramchargers and they would reprogram it for you for some sort of upgrade fee.

Anyway, on to your situation. I would use something around a 100 octane chip set up for street mannerisms. What I mean by that is no forced lockup, normal EGR operations, etc. Depending on the quality of the gas you have where you live, you could tinker with the timing a little maybe. 93 octane isnt the same everywhere unfortunately.

Shameless plug but everyone else does it. If you want to email me privately, I could do something custom for your application.