You can type here any text you want

hypochondriac with engine noise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackOut89

Just got my 86 T- Type runnin good, had a cracked header go that fixed, new pcv, new vacuum lines, did all my spring cleaning and what not. but i have always had this noise while i am driving that sounds like whisping air...if i hit the gas just normal driving i hear it as well WOT. its gets faster as the rpms go up. Its driving me insane because i cant figure out what it is. I have double checked my headers and they are sealed as well as my downpipe to the turbo, i also got my car looked at for exhaust leakes and i have none... any thoughts to what it could be?

Its a completely separate noise from the turbo spooling. It sounds like air fluttering and the more gas I give the faster the flutter.

same here as i accelerate it gets lowder and slows along with my speed.its not the turbo spooling as i hear it as a seperate noise. i noticed my power steering pump going out so im wondering if thats making the noise.its peeing me off:mad:i cant find it and it only does it while driving not in park

I just had this exact same type of noice and it too only done it while in any of the drive gears but would not do it in neutral or park, ... It was the converter!!

While parked in my driveway I would sit in the seat, leave the drivers door open and with it running I put it in gear and with one foot on the brake and one on the gas just slowly bring up the RPM's and you should hear better where it coming from with the door open. Took a few seconds for me to know it was coming right from the converter.

My guess is the converter!

SW.

Did you replace your converter? If so did that get rid of the noise?
You be the judge! lol

Yes Noise is gone now!! LOL

Went from this.... to the second pic.. :biggrin:

SW.

Attachments

• PTC converter 002.jpg
    PTC converter 002.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 130
  • PTC converter 008.jpg
    PTC converter 008.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 133
well alright then lol

I was planning on buying a new tourque converter anyways with a stall so looks like thats the rout im goin. pluse i think i might have a cracked flex plate.

But anyways i will be droppin the tranny soon and ill see what i can find and let ya know..Thanks for all your help

well alright then lol

I was planning on buying a new tourque converter anyways with a stall so looks like thats the rout im goin. pluse i think i might have a cracked flex plate.

But anyways i will be droppin the tranny soon and ill see what i can find and let ya know..Thanks for all your help
Let us know what you find out.

Scot W.

Back