You can type here any text you want

I believe I am having fueling issues?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slow87GNinTX

First of all, car has been sitting for a while, been working on it slowly. Well just go everything buttoned up and put the new chip in for my current setup, but when driving around the neighborhood, it seems to act like it is either defueling or not getting enough feel, when I start to take off from turning a corner it falls flat on its face. Anyone ever had similar problems or have an idea of what might be causing this. Also looking for anyone in Texas or surrounding states to do some tuning on the car, as I am new to the GN world. I have listed my current setup to the best of my knowledge, at work right now, if you need any more information about the car feel free to ask.

Current Setup:
Stock block- bored .40 over
Ported and Polished original heads
Innovate wideband
Scanmaster
65lb Injectors- Running 116 Octane
6765 Precision Turbo
3.5" Downpipe with External Wastegate
Turbo 400
TurboTweak Chip

Thanks in advance.
Blake

Every time I deal with a new problem on a GN, I can learn something. So please tell me what "defueling" means as to "not getting enough fuel"? :confused:

Assuming you do have enough fuel in your tank, [I have had more than one GN towed in that was simply out of gas!] the first test I would conduct is drive the car with a fuel pressure gauge on a hose so you can read it while someone is driving.

Of course be sure your base fuel pressure is set to the chip in the car.

Defueling meaning like the car is shutting off the fuel supply, as oppose to not getting enough fuel being a problem of having too small of injectors. And we thought about there not being enough gas in the tank so we put another 5 gallon jug in and it was still doing the same thing.

What's with the 116 gas??
How long has the car been sitting??
If it has been a while, was the fuel system cleaned, the filter changed, the injs cleaned, B4 this start up took place?
Scanmaster readings?

Any possibility that someone replaced the gas tank with a standard N/A non-baffled one? What you describe is exactly how a non-baffled tank in an EFI application behaves.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Chuck- Using 116 because it is leaded gas, and instead of alcohol injection, this a bad idea?!
The car has been sitting for for about a year and a half, and cleaning the fuel system was the last thing on my mind, so no it was not cleaned.

RBF- I will have to ask the previous owner if he changed the tank out, but what you said makes perfect sense, it would be sloshing the fuel away from the pickup in the tank. Thanks!

Back