You can type here any text you want

I could be wrong.. but I think they like the TTA's around Philly...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Been showing the TTA for 2 years now. Only went to a few shows with her! :wink: She has done well! :cool: They love her here in Philly!

TTATrophy1.JPG

TTATrophy3.JPG

TTATrophy4.JPG

Now a question for all you veteran car show guys. What the hell do you do with these things?! Damn dust collectors! I guess I'll toss them out in the trash. :confused:

Seal them up in an air tight case so they don't get dusty :D Or hire a maid to dust them off...maybe one of those topless maids :D

Holy crap!! That is a heck of a lot of trophies. Very nice. When you sell the car they will all look very good on the "resume".

Jason

Wish people were that receptive around here! every time I go to a show it's "OH IT"S ONLY A V6:frown: " Or " '89 THOSE WERE THE BAD YEARS:mad:" I've been to at least 60 shows over the last 10 years and come away with 2 3rd place, a 2nd and 60 dash plaques. I think I just live in an ignorant part of NY. Some people actualy have animosity for the car, if it ain't an 8 it won't go! Oh well, I'm thinking of moving down that way in a few years. By the way Jim, I'll be down your way in West Chester PA Aug 24-27. If your around we should hook up for a cruise, I'll have the car:cool:

I leave with a trophy at every show except for one . . . the Lone Star Performance Buick Club's shows :frown: lol :biggrin: . . . Basically because there's usually three TTA's there and mine's the highest mileaged. But I don't complain because they got alot of TB's and TTA's that are TON'S better than mine.

I've got two 4-5 footers and countless 2 footers and plaques. (I usually chunk the plaques in the trash)

I leave with a trophy at every show except for one . . . the Lone Star Performance Buick Club's shows :frown: lol :biggrin: . . . Basically because there's usually three TTA's there and mine's the highest mileaged. But I don't complain because they got alot of TB's and TTA's that are TON'S better than mine.
Hey Maston, mine usually doesn't win either at the LSPBC shows, its always a GN that wins, usualy one with a ton of chrome mods... Any other show though it will usualy win something..but I really don't care for trophies anymore...too much trouble to dust/clean unless the topless maid does it, then I make the biggest mess possible and put out the most obstructions for dusting :D

People on Long Island seem to love these things. At local cruises, my car gets alot more attention than the Corvettes , Mustangs, etc.

Wish people were that receptive around here! every time I go to a show it's "OH IT"S ONLY A V6:frown: " Or " '89 THOSE WERE THE BAD YEARS:mad:" I've been to at least 60 shows over the last 10 years and come away with 2 3rd place, a 2nd and 60 dash plaques. I think I just live in an ignorant part of NY. Some people actualy have animosity for the car, if it ain't an 8 it won't go! Oh well, I'm thinking of moving down that way in a few years. By the way Jim, I'll be down your way in West Chester PA Aug 24-27. If your around we should hook up for a cruise, I'll have the car:cool:

I entered my car in a mostly Chevy show, There were basically 2 cars in my year's class. My TTA and a 88 Iroc with louvers and a braw and some kinda "Bad Boyz" rainbow colored windshield Auto Zone sticker (circa 1992) and the usual TPI V8 (snorrr...) . HE WON!!:confused: When everyone pulled out of the parking lot, I made everything even though...if you know what I mean. 6 or 7 car lengths or so. V6 huh? oh yeah.

But that's cool Philly, nice collection. Your ride is a sweet one. Congrads.
Give the one's you don't want to the Corvette guys everytime you beat one...Kinda as "Thanks for giving me someone else to smoke" parting gift.:tongue:

You need to school those people. I always say to them.. out of all the cars at this car show what one do you think is the fastest here. They point out some 69 camaro or some 70 GTO. When I tell them to go find the owner and tell him I'll give him 100 bucks when we leave it he can beat me. They usually run over to the owner and look at my car and shake their head and say there is no way I'm running a turbo 6! :biggrin: I have spanked and destroyed so many cars with my GN around here when they see that turbo they dont even wanna play. 89 was Pontiac best year ever!

Move down here! I need another TTA to cruise and show with. I'm just about all alone here! There actually is a ton of garage queen TTA's here. I ran into one just tonight. 89 miles on it! I had to do a double take at the speedo. Car ran like **** from sitting so long with so little miles. When you come down hit me up maybe we'll do some photo's in the city or hit up a show or cruise! When 2 or more TTA roll into a show around here people go ape **** over them! :cool:

You need to school those people. I always say to them.. out of all the cars at this car show what one do you think is the fastest here. They point out some 69 camaro or some 70 GTO. When I tell them to go find the owner and tell him I'll give him 100 bucks when we leave it he can beat me. They usually run over to the owner and look at my car and shake their head and say there is no way I'm running a turbo 6! :biggrin: I have spanked and destroyed so many cars with my GN around here when they see that turbo they dont even wanna play. 89 was Pontiac best year ever!

Move down here! I need another TTA to cruise and show with. I'm just about all alone here! There actually is a ton of garage queen TTA's here. I ran into one just tonight. 89 miles on it! I had to do a double take at the speedo. Car ran like **** from sitting so long with so little miles. When you come down hit me up maybe we'll do some photo's in the city or hit up a show or cruise! When 2 or more TTA roll into a show around here people go ape **** over them! :cool:

I'll PM you closer to the time I'm comming. Looks Like I'll have to trailer the TTA, or my girlfriend will have to do some driving. Gotta bring a tool box down that my friend bought and can't fit in his wifes CRV:eek: I'll have my Ram along so we can load up some of those trophies and go hand them out to the less fortunate Stang and Vett crowd:biggrin:

Hi,
You guys are nuts, plain and simple. You own a car that can dust 99% of the stuff out there,but you are worried about how people feel about it. That's,in my opinion, a good reason to call you nuts.Relax, enjoy the car, and be done with it.
Gen 3 F bodies are gonna have a struggle to receive the respect they deserve, but that won't stop me from loving them. I'm getting old, but I'm not stupid.These cars, including the TTA, are remarkably affordable. As a result, you should snap up all you can find.b we shall see what the outcome will be.

I agree, if you want something to show, buy a nice big diamond ring and put it on display. I enjoy driving it also. I dont see the enjoyment of preserving and babying the car and taking it out only once in a while. Not what it was intended for.
Just my 2 cents.

Hey Maston, mine usually doesn't win either at the LSPBC shows, its always a GN that wins, usualy one with a ton of chrome mods... Any other show though it will usualy win something..but I really don't care for trophies anymore...too much trouble to dust/clean unless the topless maid does it, then I make the biggest mess possible and put out the most obstructions for dusting :D

Dang it, I need to find one of these topless maids. I keep getting slapped when I ask one to take her top off. :confused: :D

As you can see I drive mine by that pile of trophies. That was only 2 years of shows here and there. I'd drive mine much more if I only I didn't own 4 other cars to drive as well! To busy in life in general to drive them that much. My cars have it better then me! They are sitting in the climate controlled garage while I work my ass off in the heat! :mad: I jumped in the TTA the other day sitting in the garage and with temps of 85 plus the leather was nice and cold. :D

Back