I did it!

Cale22

Doh!
Hey everyone,

I don't know if any of you remember, but I had sold my 87 GN for financial reasons that I thought were more important. I've been working A LOT lately, and I just sold my car last week (i made profit!) and I now have enough to buy another GN! I think finding one for sale in hawaii would be pretty hard, so I guess I'll look on the west coast. Any of you ever buy off e-bay? Any suggestions? Im looking for an 86/87 GN, or a WE4 would be sweet! ;) Any help would be great!

Cale
*NOW CARLESS, being driven around by younger brother*

Hmm.. so I've been looking around e-bay/turbo trader, and Im pretty confused as I don't know too much about modifying TR's. I don't know how the injectors work in these cars, I know in TD's +53lbs injectors are for street/strip application. If I'm looking for a car that can be driven a lot on the street, and also have some drag power, what kind of mods should I be looking for? I figure, if I buy a car that has some mods done, I will be saving money as people always sell their cars cheaper than what they put into it. Can anyone offer me some suggestions? :)

Cale

Try this combo

87 Buick Grandnational PTE-44, Joe Lubrant 110 race chip, HKS SSQV, CAS V4, 009's, ATR 3"downpipe w/ATR external wastegate, Turbonetics regulator, ATR 3" dual exaust, MSD Dis-4HO, Art-Carr 9.5" Lock-up 3000 stall torque convertor, CAS fuel pressure regulator, Casper's fuel hot wire kit, Walbro 340, Hurst Line Lock, Scanmaster 2, Bilstein's, Air bags............ Dyno 5/30/02 Street trim, Joe L. street chip, 110 race gas at 22lbs boost, 358 RWHP 525 ft.lb Torque @3000-3500 rpm's, Best ET's 8/31/02 11.94 @ 113.9 MPH with a 1.76 60ft. Good combo:D

Re: Try this combo

Originally posted by BADDGUY6
87 Buick Grandnational PTE-44, Joe Lubrant 110 race chip, HKS SSQV, CAS V4, 009's, ATR 3"downpipe w/ATR external wastegate, Turbonetics regulator, ATR 3" dual exaust, MSD Dis-4HO, Art-Carr 9.5" Lock-up 3000 stall torque convertor, CAS fuel pressure regulator, Casper's fuel hot wire kit, Walbro 340, Hurst Line Lock, Scanmaster 2, Bilstein's, Air bags............ Dyno 5/30/02 Street trim, Joe L. street chip, 110 race gas at 22lbs boost, 358 RWHP 525 ft.lb Torque @3000-3500 rpm's, Best ET's 8/31/02 11.94 @ 113.9 MPH with a 1.76 60ft. Good combo:D

Your new combo GUY? :D

Cale......

Spend some time searching on the general tech sec. or gnttype.org, everything you need to know is there.

The mods you want to do depends on $$$ and how fast you want to go.

Re: Re: Try this combo

Originally posted by TurboV6
Your new combo GUY? :D

Cale......

Spend some time searching on the general tech sec. or gnttype.org, everything you need to know is there.

The mods you want to do depends on $$$ and how fast you want to go.
I wish it was :D

Might wanna sell U mine...

Cale,

I was thinking of selling my 87 GN before I leave the island in two years, but if you're interested now, I might be convinced to part with it sooner...crying all the way, I'm sure. ;)

It has a lot of the mods you're looking for, as well as new paint, radiator, starter, alternator, brakes, tires, interior and a whole lot more (see below). It's a great daily driver (95,000 miles), but definitely has track potential.

Drop a me line, & I'll send all the stats and some photos. No hurry, I'm not going anywhere for at least 18 months...

429-9981
dominguer001@hawaii.rr.com

Ronnie-D

For those of you who have not seen Ronnie's car, it is a really nice ride. Gotta love the GNX flares too! Having just bought the Harley, another Car purchase is almost out of the question. Almost, BTW, Ron, dare I ask how much? (I could sell the Monte:rolleyes: )

Rob

Needs alot of work from what my friend told me!
Something like it only builds 6 psi, has a cracked header?
Has rust in all the usual places
oil leak , maybe smoking
interior ok
AC no work
Tranny shifts a little soft
Sounded like the guy will take a best offer!!
Maybe $1000-1500!!!

Nelson (OLD SCHOOL) put a downpayment on it and said he might part it out mayve because of the condition, must be not too bad :confused:. Good parts car :p

Hey Nelson, don't forget about the brotherly donation we talked about since I'm now a part of your family:D

Ronnie-D's Ride

Thanks for the kind words Rob! :D

My baby's filthy right now. It rains so damn much in Kailua right now, I can't get out and polish her up.

I paid $13,000 two years ago, and have a couple grand in work. Lots of new mechanical stuff, and some interior work.

I was hoping to get back the original $13k, but I'll work with anyone in the group...

Wife says if I don't get a reasonable offer, I HAVE to keep it...I was thinking "reasonable" should be up around $50,000!!! ;)

Ronnie-D