You can type here any text you want

i gotz a problem....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83ttypeboi

well the prob is when i gun it...in the top of second gear it hesitates badly a few times...also in third sometimes...wheni took off air fliter system it didnt do that????? wuts up??? it hought it was my tranny....

Originally posted by 83ttypeboi
well the prob is when i gun it...in the top of second gear it hesitates badly a few times...also in third sometimes...wheni took off air fliter system it didnt do that????? wuts up??? it hought it was my tranny....
If you are still using a paper air fllter try changing to a K&N filter.
Replace your stock fuel filter with a inline one.

What boost level?
What rpm at shift?
When was it tuned-up?
What plugs are you using?
What secoundary hang & rods?

OK I asked more questions than you...;)
Jim

ok..was planning on getting a new intake..fuel filter..ok..but how can i take out the internal one?...boost-9 lbs; rpm shift- no clue cuz i got no tach; tuned-up- kinda just got rebuilt; plugs- no idea; secomdaries- no clue....wut are some suggestions u got for tuning and wut to use..thanx...sorry i couldnt answer the questions..i just got the car recently and im tryin to learn about these type of cars, my dad gave it to me...thanx!!!

Originally posted by 83ttypeboi
ok..was planning on getting a new intake..
You don't need a new intake, stock is fine
fuel filter..ok..but how can i take out the internal one?.[/QUOTE]
All you have to do is remove the filter from the carb and cut in a inline filter.

boost-9 lbs; rpm shift- no clue cuz i got no tach; tuned-up- kinda just got rebuilt; plugs- no idea; secomdaries- no clue....wut are some suggestions u got for tuning and wut to use..thanx...sorry i couldnt answer the questions..i just got the car recently and im tryin to learn about these type of cars, my dad gave it to me...thanx!!! [/QUOTE]
Check to see what plugs you have and at what gag they are set at. Buy a hayes book ($10) to help out with the small stuff, a service manual is the best. More than likely you have the stock hamger & rods, they are good for now. Read B4Balcks site and FC227
The last thing that you want to do is open-up the secoundaries.

Jim

Castrol GTX 10W-30, but any major brand 10W-30 convetional oil is good.

And an AC Delco PF-52 size oil filter.

another thing....my wastegate is adjusted so i can adjust the psi...i have it so it should be around 12 psi but it gets stuck at 9 sometimes it hits 10...wuts up with that????....also....wuts the highest psi i should run...and gasoline....i use chevron 91...76 better??? also should i use octane booster???...which one??...i got some nos octane booster...thanx guys!!!

Check your TPS sensor. In these cars it can give ugly readings and not trip a code in the computer.

Check your TPS sensor. In these cars it can give ugly readings and not trip a code in the computer.

HUH:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

91 octane and 12 psi of boost is knocking for sure. You just don't know it becuase the computer is retarding the timing - a lot. Next to a boost gauge the most important thing to get a a knock gauge like this:
http://www.casperselectronics.com/cgi-local/store/commerce.cgi?product=INST
Getting rid of knock will help performance more than anything. You may find better performance at 9 psi than 12 psi.

Run the highest octane you can get. Octane is more important than brand. Forget the octane boosters - they don't work. You could try Xylene (search the General Tech forum)

My car occasionally gets hung up at a lower boost than max. I think the secondaries sometimes get locked out. This is supposed to happen when the carb is cold.

The Throttle Position Sensor is one of the inputs for the ECM. I recommend getting a cheap scan tool to check all the ECM's sensors. An OTC monitor 2000, 85, or even 3 will work. Find them on ebay:
http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/...tProperty=MetaEndSort&srchdesc=y&BasicSearch=

my boost IS at 9 but it SUPPOSE to be goin to 12 if the wastegate was workin i think its shot...my car still does the boggin at top of second gear with the air filter system on...when i take it off...it doesnt do it :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back