I have a problem developing with my Boy.

I have a problem developing with my Boy.
He is 6 and fell in love with the car (Chevelle) and said to me that “when I get big like you Papi I want to drive it to school”

Now I have my Mom and Dad on my ass about selling it.

And this is what they are holding over my head. 26 years ago when I was a kid I loved/hated my dad’s second owner all original 1968 Chevelle 307, PG, AC true dual with only 2 cherry bombs. At about the age of seven my dad was going to sell it (hard times) behind my back but the dummy that was going to buy it showed up too late (after I got home from school) and I cried and begged and eventually found a soft spot on my Dad and he didn’t sell it. He still has it and it’s all ready been assigned to me by my parents it just sucks the price I will pay for the car but the bottom line is one day it will be mines.

Now every time I go work on the car I try to show my boy the great looking (fastest race car) Buick Regal that is in the yard and next in line to get fixed but he just walks passed it and straight for the Chevelle.

Other side
My wife can’t wait to the day comes when the chevelle is sold and is 1000% about against keeping the car but now my son has her down to about 800%
The Wife really has no say about my cars (And I have no say about the house stuff good deal huhh) but she does give me a deferent look at things from time to time.

Talk about being in a Tuff spot.

Not so sure it's a great idea to try to control a child's interests. Telling him what he is allowed to like could be more of a problem later when it comes time to make his own decisions. I know you both love him but be careful with his mental decision-making tree.

By the way I am only talking about hobbies; you'll have to decide about social development. :D

Funny, at 6 they get attached to everything. I once had to save a bag of rocks, because they were memories of summer, LOL. Anyhow, when we sold our Tahoe, she cried for days, when we sold the boat, again the tears. As Hanna Montana saya " Just build a bridge and Get over it". She loves the Black car now, says it's her favorite of all time, forever:biggrin: I think it's got somthing to do with being able to sit in the front seat.:confused:

If The folks are given you a hard time, sell it to them and they can be the hero grandparents and give it to the grandson when the time comes.

And always remember, if momma ain't happy no one is.

Rich

Nothing wrong with the kid liking a Chevelle (even though he likes it more than a Buick), at least he's not saying he wants to drive a Honda with a 5" muffler tip to school.

Funny, at 6 they get attached to everything. I once had to save a bag of rocks, because they were memories of summer, LOL. Anyhow, when we sold our Tahoe, she cried for days, when we sold the boat, again the tears. As Hanna Montana saya " Just build a bridge and Get over it". She loves the Black car now, says it's her favorite of all time, forever:biggrin: I think it's got somthing to do with being able to sit in the front seat.:confused:

If The folks are given you a hard time, sell it to them and they can be the hero grandparents and give it to the grandson when the time comes.

And always remember, if momma ain't happy no one is.

Rich

Momma and Daddy have a deal written in stone. No lip about my cars and no lip about her house.

i'll try to sell that idea but i don't think it will go to far.

Also there probably is nothing wrong with liking the H*&nda,just make sure the F28cking tip is not crook-ed.....god i hate that:eek: :eek:

Yea, thats a tough one alright, I agree. But, if you need to sell it, you need to sell it. That's how life can be sometimes. He's young enough to where he'll get over it quick, cuz he's easily distracted still. Explain to him why it's gotta go, and do what you need to do. Kids are resilient, he'll find another car he likes dont worry about it.