You can type here any text you want

i hear accell is a better tune?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

six slinger

hey guys im thinking of going to efi,but a couple of really good race tuners is my area told me to go with dfi, because they said you will have more advanced parameters to really eck out the last bit of power out of gn safely. any help would really be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys im thinking of going to efi,but a couple of really good race tuners is my area told me to go with dfi, because they said you will have more advanced parameters to really eck out the last bit of power out of gn safely. any help would really be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

I use the Accel Gen7 DFI on my car. I'm very happy with it. My Gen7 also has the data logger with the wb02 controller, which I recommend.

There are other choices too. Fast XFI and BS3. I think you should get the system that fellow races around you use. That way you can have them help you out. I use the Gen7 b/c I am able to get a lot of help locally from Lonnie Diers of Extreme Automatics.

You musta been talking to Turbo People.. theyre all up on DFI's jock.

Nothing wrong with the Gen 7. Id either go with that or a BS3 and Id make the final choice on whatever your local people can tune. If youre close to Turbo People, its a no brainer.

hey jay thanks for youre help dude. i hear that turbo people are dicks,so im kinda weary to see them

hey jay want to ask you im running a pt66bb turbo esp front mount 3inch downpipe 83lb injectors , my question is how much power will i pick up from race ported stock heads to race ported gn1 aluminum heads thanks brother

I also agree the gen 7 has more settings but i had to go with the fast for the price. Dont bother with Job you can find a tuner as good he is.

My experience w/ Gen 7, on my Hemi car...So, so.
The seperate WB box is a PITA, and is NOT cheap, if something happens. The sensor is an expensive venture, too. Mine took a $hit when the car was first started. They replaced the box, not the $300 sensor.
Solution:
If you use the 7, get it without the hi priced WB "option", and plumb in a stand alone WB. I used the PLX 500.. Had dash readout, and WB feed to run closed loop..

I know you guys are way beyond my league, let's not forget the "poor man's" DFI, er I mean speed density.
That being the stock computer, with the Translator Pro/Extender Pro piggy backed. It's perfectly capable of taking one to 9.0 or quicker.

My experience w/ Gen 7, on my Hemi car...So, so.
The seperate WB box is a PITA, and is NOT cheap, if something happens. The sensor is an expensive venture, too. Mine took a $hit when the car was first started. They replaced the box, not the $300 sensor.
Solution:
If you use the 7, get it without the hi priced WB "option", and plumb in a stand alone WB. I used the PLX 500.. Had dash readout, and WB feed to run closed loop..

My Gen7 with the data logger/wbo2 box uses the cheap VW Bosch sensor. There is a setting that allows you to use either sensor.

I agree Gen 7 or BS3. Lonnie is a great vendor on the board here and knows the Gen 7 system VERY well.

Go with Kevin on this,Its best to find a system that you can have a local guy tune.
As far as more advanced parameters,There is nothing that the gen 7 has that is gonna let you get more HP out of your car.
Properly tuned any of the 3 systems mentioned will get the job done.

Back