You can type here any text you want

Failsafe option for Alkycontrol kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OKTurbo

I recently installed an AEM wideband and Fuel Pressure sensor so I can log them in powerlogger. I've had the Alkycontrol system on my car for several years now and it works great, but I've never really pushed the car that hard.

Now that I can watch AFR I'm ready to push the performance. It would be nice to have a "fail safe" add-on to the AlkyControl kit. We have a red/green activation light that let's us know it's making pressure, and a low tank level light to let us know it's getting low on fluid. Could these be made into an active failsafe? For example if pressure is low AND / OR the level is low have the control box activate a solenoid valve to block off the "bleed solenoids" or manual bleed valves making the internal wastegate open at it's minimum pressure. Or have a small pressurized tank at say 20psi that would open up the wastegate fully via a solenoid controlled 3-way valve.

I try to be good about checking the system operation, but a failsafe would give a little more assurance when the boost is at 24psi and you're ripping down the track.

1987 GN, 63K miles, mild bolt on car has gone mid 12's. TA49 / Stretch SLIC / 3" downpipe / 3" exhaust / Walbro 340 hot wired pump / 3.5" MAF w/ Translator+ and Extender chip.

I logged PSI and wondered the same thing thought about a big red light hooked to a hobbs switch but I doubt I can react fast enough to save a engine if ALKY fails
Good thing about logging I could see the pump getting weaker and as soon as the PSI dropped 5 lb in two passes out it came or the curve started looking slow.
Im setting up a new Holley HP from Full Throttle and I'll log ALKY and it has the ability to put the boost and timing in a safe mode.
But I'm not saying to call Full Throttle today and order a Holley, My wiring harness had some salt air issues ,and I was fighting a battle I was tired of losing

Back