You can type here any text you want

I live in Marion, IL and need help with my car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

short_dustin

Like the title says, my car isn't running quite right and I don't have the knowledge or time to figure it out right now, I just need someone to go for a ride in the car that knows more than me about them and tell me what they think. I have started a thread about my problem titled "knock at 5psi?" if that gives anyone an idea of what I should look for?

I'm happy to pay somebody that KNOWS these cars to take a look at it and give me their $0.02.

If someone wants to take a look and tell me what they think let me know and I'll PM you my phone number to set up a time.

Dustin.

Mt . Vernon here. I will look for you thread . do you think it has knock or is the exhaust or something just setting off the knock sensor ?

How far are you from Chicago

I'm about 6 hours south of Chicago

Brad T, I didn't even think of comparing the fuel pressure to the boost, as far as boost control this is where I really don't know much. Isn't the boost controlled with the waste gate actuator?

Do you have a boost controller in the car or is it still being controlled by the ecm {reds chip } ?

Well I'm a big idiot :oops: I just realized the vacuum cap on the other side of the T going to the boost gauge was old and cracked and had a leak in it. I was running 26lb of boost. I can't believe I didn't tear anything up! Anyway I'm at 15 psi with NO KNOCK thank God its fixed. Thanks guys

Brad T as far as boost control, I thought the wastegate actuator controlled the boost? Is that not correct?

Yes but what controls it ? Sounds like it is still controlled by the stock ecm and that is set by Reds chip. Glad you found it before you hurt the motor .

Back