You can type here any text you want

I lost --again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scojack_2001

Livin' Like A Refugee
It probably wasn't the best decision, but i figured I really had nothing to lose. I was on my way to my friends house to make some cds and we had a little fun. He's got a spankin new 03 GT all stock (surprisingly) and traded his Explorer in on it. It only has 5200 miles on it. Hes in a hurry to get home, and he goes by me after I make a left-hand turn to get to his house. I was in second gear and at WOT and he blew by me like nothing. That SOHC 4.6 did sound pretty good, I must admit. He's a cool guy. He even let me drive, once. He didn't even know my car had a v8 until I told him. Anyway, I was out having just a little bit of fun. He will be educated as soon as I can get a GN.

P.S. He even likes how the aerochambers sound on my car.

later

lol im sorry to say but that sad little 307 wont beat much : ( i should know i have one... i love my cutty though

While it makes absolutely no sense, when I had an 84 grandprix with the 3.8L, it would lose off the start to the V8 regals/cutlass/GP but usually run them down up top (up top being 60mph lol). I don't know how to explain it. Good death!

I have an 87 Cut with that motor. i just dont understand why they are so anemic in comparison to the earlier chevy 305 with carb and old hei. I had a 79 Impala wagon with a 2bbl 305 and it was weak. I then opened the cat, and retuned the hei both centrifugal and vacuum advance and WOW! That thing was an absolute pleasure to drive. Also built and adj. the carb. It makes me wonder if putting in an hei and tuning it would help the Olds. I know they run better with more timing but end up with a miss while cruising at the better timing setting so it has to be turned back down. Who knows.

Gutless Cutlass

:D I had an 85 Cutlass and it was anemic although the ride was smooth. I think the combination of a high rear end ratio and a low stall converter made it weak in the acceleration area! The engine was great though as far as reliability was concerned as a daily driver eventhough the Turbo 350 trans was the weak link in mine. Had to have it repaired three times when I had it.

That little stunt was actually pretty stupid of me. Winding second gear out to 70 mph did not help the trans. It now slips in second gear. I guess I'll just service it and dump some Lucas into it.

Later

Originally posted by scojack_2001
That little stunt was actually pretty stupid of me. Winding second gear out to 70 mph did not help the trans. It now slips in second gear. I guess I'll just service it and dump some Lucas into it.

Later

My chevy has a 305 with 2.41 rear end gears (stock). I can hit first gear to 45, 2nd to 85, and 3rd i've taken to 115. I have a TH-350 and have no problems with it. I drive it pretty hard too.

yeah my regal "had" a 2.56 rear end and that was a slug....
i just put in a 3.73 eaton gear and what a difference... hits 2nd gear spinning everytime i try now... not that it is fast at all but fun...

Nice death.

I really like the way the Olds looks. Much better than the Regal, IMO. Too bad there weren't any turbo Cutlass. There were some pics from the 'Nats of a "GN'd" Cutlass. Looked very cool. If I ever run out of projects, I'd get started on one of those. The LC2 should drop right in there, no?

Jim

My first car was a n/a '81 Regal. I got beat once in a top end run with my friend who was driving a fwd station wagon. :eek: I sure can't call those the good ole days.

Back