I need a pic of an aftermarket oil pressure gauge sending unit installed..

z28up

I've been trying to figure out the best way to hook up the sending unit on the oil pressure gauge.. I've searched but haven't found anything. Just curious what gauges you guys are running and what type of hook up you are using.. Like it says I'd like a visuals thanks!

1972 Chevelle 505
1972 dart swinger 340 4speed
1966 impala
1955 chevy pickup MickeyRat
2002 monte ss DD

1987 Grand National
Stock turbo ,Red 93 street tune chip, 206/206 comp cam, valve spring upgrade, Melling hv oil pump
37lb injectors, Ls1 maf with translator, Oil filter adapter upgrade
K&N filter

Sitting at home not installed yet:
AlkyControl "Razor" injection with 3 bar map, Hot wire kit, walbor pump upgrade, RJC Racing Airflow Distribution Power Plate

15x9 4.25 bs weld prostars 275/60
15x7 weld prostar

Here's one.

I've since moved away from that setup and to a PTE turbosaver so I put the factory switch back in place.

I wish I had one after I put the new motor in but here is an old picture of what I did, kept the factory functionality and just added the sender. Not as pretty as Amingas :bag:

upload_2014-8-25_18-1-11.png

My oil pressure gauge on my dash doesn't work, is/was there a stock sending unit? I have the pressure sensor for the ECM.

My oil pressure gauge on my dash doesn't work, is/was there a stock sending unit? I have the pressure sensor for the ECM.

Factory dash never had an oil pressure sending unit. Just light and no connection to the ECM

The final revision of mine discards the factory oil block with a 45 degree elbow and a tee fitting

Factory dash never had an oil pressure sending unit. Just light and no connection to the ECM
I'm sorry, I think what I said was confusing. I have a factor oil pressure gauge, it quite working. So I put an after market one on. My question is, what was this gauge connected too? I'd like to get it fixed.

I'm sorry, I think what I said was confusing. I have a factor oil pressure gauge, it quite working. So I put an after market one on. My question is, what was this gauge connected too? I'd like to get it fixed.

It still is. Typo's aside There was no factory oil pressure gauge. What you have is aftermarket and it's connected to an aftermarket sender somewhere under the hood.

It still is. Typo's aside There was no factory oil pressure gauge. What you have is aftermarket and it's connected to an aftermarket sender somewhere under the hood.
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I want to show you the gauges that are at the bottom of my instrument cluster. I have water temp, battery voltage and oil pressure. I'll be damned I thought that there were stock.

They only
they only had dummy lights

Hahahaha I prefer eccentric mad scientist!! Let's see your gauges I'm intrigued

1972 Chevelle 505
1966 impala
2002 monte ss DD

1987 Grand National
Stock turbo ,Red 93 street tune chip, 206/206 comp cam, valve spring upgrade, Melling hv oil pump
K&N filter

AlkyControl "Razor" injection with 3 bar map, Hot wire kit, walbor pump upgrade, RJC Racing Airflow Distribution Power Plate

15x7 weld prostar

Those are aftermarket

1972 Chevelle 505
1966 impala
2002 monte ss DD

1987 Grand National
K&N filter

15x7 weld prostar

Yup aftermarket. Does it read high or low Not sure how many 100psi senders there are out there. I see a few that are 76ohms at 0 psi and 10 at 100.

7a5774b5a5b29482c1e339095420f283.jpg
0b31f051c9d3bd96f1e91884157a925c.jpg

Here are the gauges. I thought these were stock. The temp and the voltage gauge work, the oil used to. It quite so I bought another one and installed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I were you I'd relocate those gauges in the pillar or console mount for the gn's and recover the holes with the stock appliqué cover that goes there from the guy who sales them on here..

1972 Chevelle 505
1966 impala
2002 monte ss DD

1987 Grand National
K&N filter

15x7 weld prostar

Yup aftermarket. Does it read high or low Not sure how many 100psi senders there are out there. I see a few that are 76ohms at 0 psi and 10 at 100.
Hey, do you still your engine out? If so could you take a picture of the crank sensor "ridges" and where the reluctor wheel passes through them? This is really off topic.

The gauge, initially it was working, then it started reading 100psi and then 0 psi. I thought it was a stock gauge and I figured it quite working, so I bought another one and installed the sending unit gauge in my two pod gauge holder. When I installed the new sending unit, I had to remove was looked like I broken off bolt from the fitting. I assume that was the other sending unit and because I thought the gauges were stock, I didn't think I would be able to get a sending unit to match the gauge. No wonder people looked at me strange when I said stock oil pressure gauge and sending unit. The gauges are so neatly installed I honestly thought they were stock and I guess I never paid attention to other people's TR.

I got my answer so go as off topic as you want

1972 Chevelle 505
1966 impala
2002 monte ss DD

1987 Grand National
K&N filter

15x7 weld prostar