Looking for mid 11's with cold a/c I can drive across country.. Mod suggestions with what I have!

z28up

What would I need to achieve this goal?

Grand National mod list:

Stock turbo
Stock exhaust
Red 93 street tune chip
206/206 comp cam
908-12 valve spring upgrade
Melling hv oil pump
37lb injectors
Ls1 maf with translator
Oil filter adapter upgrade
K&N filter

Sitting at home not installed yet-

AlkyControl "Razor" injection with 3 bar map

Hot wire kit

walbor pump upgrade

RJC Racing Airflow Distribution Power Plate

15x9 4.25 bs weld prostars 275/60
15x7 weld prostar

shooting for mid 11s might want to think about upgrading trans. also i think those 37# injectors need to be replaced. def put that hot wire fuel pump in b4. if you decide to go to new injectors id say go w a chip also. when you add alky youll need it. so do all at once. also with a trans upgrade id get a 2800 stall and a te44 turbo. tons of fun on street and track

I knew I was forgetting something.. From what I'm told the trans was built by a place in tx and was supposed to handle 600+ hp from the guy I bought it from.. I can confirm it shifts HARD but no paperwork..

Last edited:
forget eveeything else. the next thing you buy even b4 a tank of gas for the car is a scanmaster. thats #1. more important than anything else

Scanmaster is on my list to buy. I'm not familiar with it, why would I need it first? I'm new to the efi v6 turbo thing so educate me!

Scan master

Injectors with matching chip for alky

2800 stall

Te44 turbo (will this fit in stock location?) also will this need an intercooler upgrade or will I be fine with stock?

the scanmaster will tell you how the car is running more or less. makes diagnostics easier and mainly at least for me it will pick up knock before you hear if u hear it at all. makes life hell of alot easier.

Scan master

Injectors with matching chip for alky

2800 stall

Te44 turbo (will this fit in stock location?) also will this need an intercooler upgrade or will I be fine with stock?

Most of the turbos discussed here "fit in the stock location". The difference will be the size of the cold air pipe going to the opening of the turbo.
Most of the good performance turbos use a 3" inlet, next being the high performance turbos that commonly have a 4" inlet.

If you are new to the Buicks welcome:). Now here is the secret................................before you go and blow it up, read and read and ask all the questions you want. There are some REAL smart car guys on here and they are always eager to help.:cool: These cars are a little different and will reward you IF you know how to take advantage of them. I like the keep it simple approach because Murphy's law lives in my back pocket. Welcome and enjoy:D

listen to psycho6cyl, and alike, they are trying to get you to think "visibility and safe operations" rather than slapping on parts and popping ya motor.

These Buick V6s make good power, but operate on a small "margin of error"

That's what I'm needing.. I have built cars so I'm not new to wrenching but these cars aren't like anything I'm used to.. That's why I started this thread.. I've been reading and researching for a while. But I'm trying to see if there is anything I can used with what I have already without getting trolled because of a low post count..

What would I need to achieve this goal?

Grand National mod list:

Stock turbo
Stock exhaust
Red 93 street tune chip
206/206 comp cam
908-12 valve spring upgrade
Melling hv oil pump
37lb injectors
Ls1 maf with translator
Oil filter adapter upgrade
K&N filter

Sitting at home not installed yet-

AlkyControl "Razor" injection with 3 bar map

Hot wire kit

walbor pump upgrade

RJC Racing Airflow Distribution Power Plate

15x9 4.25 bs weld prostars 275/60
15x7 weld prostar

Your list isn't bad but I would add:

Scanmaster
Timing Chain
Boost/Oil Pressure/Fuel Pressure Gauge
TT Chip and matching injectors, 60s or 80s are fine for your goal and are priced well enough
Do all the spring cleaning mentioned in the GNTYPE writeups posted above

and since you intend to drive across country, or at least be able to, a radiator upgrade if yours is still stock. I like the Alradco, but others do the FBody radiator. RMI 25 additive is practically a must and an electric fan upgrade would be nice to add to the list if you still have some cash.

So
Your list isn't bad but I would add:

Scanmaster
Timing Chain
Boost/Oil Pressure/Fuel Pressure Gauge
TT Chip and matching injectors, 60s or 80s are fine for your goal and are priced well enough
Do all the spring cleaning mentioned in the GNTYPE writeups posted above

and since you intend to drive across country, or at least be able to, a radiator upgrade if yours is still stock. I like the Alradco, but others do the FBody radiator. RMI 25 additive is practically a must and an electric fan upgrade would be nice to add to the list if you still have some cash.

So I can reach my goal without replacing the turbo and converter right at this moment (I plan on swapping but this beautiful machine is killing my pocket book)

Also I'll explain why I want to run it across country in a bit..

image.jpg

I would suggest modding slowly to learn your car. Far too often people try to go too far too fast. While a turbo and converter upgrade will make mid 11's easier, get your car reliable, tune up the alchy kit you have, and enjoy it!

And then when your need for speed comes back and you have made a few mistakes at lower power levels address what you need to push your combo a bit faster.

Last edited:
Do agree that learning the car is important and upgrading in stages is a safer approach than jumping right into making major upgrade changes.

Welcome to the Family

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
wanting to go 8s on stock bottom end and expect dependability is not unreasonable lol