I need an alarm

G NASTY

Any favorites out there? I was looking at the viper 5902/5904 but doesn't seem like it does anything special for all that money. Am I missing something?

i have a viper 5900 series w remote start and an added proximity sensor, , pager remotes suck , they break about once every 2 years, and they are 100 bucks to replace. i have a clifford g5 avantguard, much better imo. that alarm you can adjust both the shock and motion sensor sensitivity remotely from the control.has glass tampering sensor, tilt sensor, car jacking feature, window roll up/dpwn control,and remote start. it is a few years older, and it doesnt page your remote when something is happening. only reason its not installed on my car bc its a 250 dollar bill just to install it and the car alrady has a working alarm , but when i have money to spare i may def install it. i didnt find one of these when i was looking to install an alarm, and i think new its like 6-700 bucks installed lol...

Contact Don Cruz...he was giving special deals to the board members.

Bryan

Car audio Installer here for 10 years and i am just going to throw this out there! As long as you go with a brand name alarm like Autopage,Viper,Compustar,clifford(which is the same as viper now all of them are owned by DEI Electronics) The alarm will only be as good as the person who puts it on. So with that being said go to a reputable shop first and second the reason why it costs so much is because the 3M 33+Plus tape that we go through rolls of and the relays cost! So if you do find some one who is gonna do it cheap they are probably going to just wire it up and throw it under the dash no solder and definetly no tape to make it look factory! Makes it real easy for the thief to see the alarm and disable it quickly! You get what you pay for!

I have the 5701... Im actually putting one in my GN as well. The other is on my Vette Roadster. It also works with your Apple iphone. You can add the proximity module and the tilt module so they cant tow it or jack it up with out the alarm going off.
So far I like the alarm on the Vette. Remote start is nice too. Its a rarity that my car is left alone for any lenght of time, but at least there is a noise maker on it if someone plays with it. And it will send an alert to my iphone with the smart start app...kinda cool check it out
Viper SmartStart for iPhone

Car audio Installer here for 10 years and i am just going to throw this out there! As long as you go with a brand name alarm like Autopage,Viper,Compustar,clifford(which is the same as viper now all of them are owned by DEI Electronics) The alarm will only be as good as the person who puts it on. So with that being said go to a reputable shop first and second the reason why it costs so much is because the 3M 33+Plus tape that we go through rolls of and the relays cost! So if you do find some one who is gonna do it cheap they are probably going to just wire it up and throw it under the dash no solder and definetly no tape to make it look factory! Makes it real easy for the thief to see the alarm and disable it quickly! You get what you pay for!

Proper install is where the money is. I have seen a lot of poor installs. I have seen twist and tape, wirenuts and wire just twisted with no tape Thats a fire waiting to happen. Good install is money well spent.

i have a Clifford for sale.. its the G5 770 and i also bought the proximity sensor for it! comes with the blackjack box and a bunch of other features... Its supposably the best alarm you can buy.. i dont use remote start so thats why i didnt purchase the clifford avantguard... the 770 is the same alarm without remote start... anyone intrested pm me.. thanks, its NEW IN THE BOX purchased it 3weeks ago NEW.