You can type here any text you want

I Need Help Badly!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo_dreams_85

itsaV6howcanyoulose?
i need help badly i have the turbo buick midwest meet tomarow and i blew a head gasket i got everything to replace it all. its all torn down but i need one thing I NEED TORQUE SPECS for my head bolts and everything . for a 85 GN stock block stock everything pretty much i just need help as fast as i can get it please and thank you!

dude you just saved my life thank you so much man it means alot to me thank you again and thanks for correcting my spelling!:cool:

good luck keep us posted. this is the forum that never sleeps.

Glad to help. These guys are so fast that it can be hard to be first with an answer. I am not spellin' Nazi but descriptive titles are a peeve of mine.:cool:

TTY, or not.. 25 yr old bolts, that have had 1000's of heat cycles, may have been reused at previous repairs, etc, are suspect, IMO.
Already blown the gaskets, [at least once], I'd be going w/ some ARP's... But that's just MO.

hey yeah i got new head bolts ARP's i got it all taken care of but now for some tuning thanks again guys!

Attachments

• s5%.jpg
    s5%.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 99
Is the torgue the same for Head bolts, as it is for Studs? Also, i know you put permatex on threads of head bolts, but do you put anything on crank studs that go in the mains, and do you torgue sutd in block, or just screw them in?

Back