You can type here any text you want

I need help on installing my system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gtatransam

Hello all, Ive got 4 Polk audio 12" momos that i want to hook up into my 85 trans am...whats the best way to hook the subs up. I was thinking in my back seat, instead of in my hatch to keep from rattling the glass. also any suggestions on what are good amps. can anyone help me out, im clueless, my first real project on car audio.

what i would do??

i would look into finding the best stereo place around that does custom work then bring it to them,like i did.if your new to it you could smoke a amp or have wireing problems now or later..they could install everything and tell you how much cube space you need for those subs and guide you to a great amp like mmats..ive seen a bandpass put in those faceing the hatch,then they built a complete flush panel that goes around the whole hatch area on top of the box done in the same color as the interior with the 6x9 speakers on each side of the port cut out. you can add a peak hole cut out like the shape off a bird with plexi underneath so you can see your subs with a brite red neon to set the bird a fire and just locktite all your screws..but those cars sound the best bouncing off the glass..i had a iroc..im not a stereo guy but all my stuff is built with my ideas and it seems to look fine so far...good luck to you.

Attachments

• Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 98
install the subs facing up, porting them towards the trunk in the hatch. hatch backs have a acustic coupling affect that is good far an extra 4-6+ db's over a trunk system. installing them this way will give you max output. but, i would recomend installing 2 subs in the biggest recomended box instead of trying to cram 4 in the hatch. they will way outperform 4 in smaller boxes. as for amps, it all depends on the inpedence of your subs.
btw, ive been competing in db drag for 5 years. was number 2 in the world for most of the year one year in super street n/w. and this year had the 4th highest certified score for half the year in street max 1-2. every one of my cars were hatchbacks.

Back