I Quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im faster

Not really but i am running out of ideas....

i had the car running and pulling in to a parking lot the thing dies again!!1

i just replaced the crank sensor
i have no blown fuses
the coil pack shows resistance
i ook the cap off the cam sensor and everyhing looks fine
i have a good ground on the coil pack
i dont see any bad grounds or wires grounding out
nothing seems wrong but NO SPARK!!!

This is killing me... i had some guy offer me 8k right before this happened now i doubt he will want it... WHY!!!!!

so does anyone have any ideas??

do you have any type of scan tool? If you do you can see if you have an rpm reading while cranking to see if your new crank sensor is good and check if you have power at your coil pack. i think you should also have a crank signal wire at your coil pack. i hope this helps you out a little

Check the easy stuff,

1)Tight battery terminals
2)Ground wires to back of passenger head and battery ground connected to front of block under turbo
3)Tighten starter wire nuts
4)Check to see if the positive from battery to starter is not pinched or chunked in half

MORE options...

The Ignition module under the coil packs could be bad too OR the tiny black ignition box thingy (forgot what its called) on the passenger fender wall next to the MAP sensor with the words BLO on it if is an 86...and whatever u do DONT trust a cheap local X brand module or coil pack! think Kirbans still has the coils for $59 and the GOOD modules for $185. Had a local parts shop sell me a weird named module for $190 and it didnt last 100 yards!! Mechanic wasnt getting a crank signal on his trouble shooter and charged me for a New crank sensor and labor...I put back in my original module and the car sprang to life!

See how smart you are? ;) Sounds like you need a new ignition module. Buy a delco off John's Performance. Brand X can't be trusted. :biggrin:

Check the orange ecm wire from the positive battery cable (the one you disconnect to reset ecm). Could have a break inside and cuts out power to the ecm under vibration. If you get the car running try jiggling the wire and see if it dies.

I had the same exact problem about 2 months ago!!!!!!! Pull the connector off the Ignition Module, Key on check for power to terminals N&H, 2nd from the left is N, 7th from the left is H, I'll alomst bet that you dont have any power on the N terminal. that wire runs into the fuse box, CCCI fuse.

the other day I pulled into a parking spot and the car just died. Eventually everything electric died too, even the clock on the radio. I tried to jump it, but wouldnt crank all the way over. I even used an industrial battery charger on it. Still nothing.
Checked the battery itself, it was almost 4 years old.
Moral of the story, I replaced the battery and drive happy and free :)

can always try a new battery and if it doesnt work, just return it right away same hour.

jcj53115 said:
I had the same exact problem about 2 months ago!!!!!!! Pull the connector off the Ignition Module, Key on check for power to terminals N&H, 2nd from the left is N, 7th from the left is H, I'll alomst bet that you dont have any power on the N terminal. that wire runs into the fuse box, CCCI fuse.

weird...
last time this happened i replaced the ccci fuse and it started for like 5 seconds.. then ater replaceing the cranks sensor and nothing happening i took off the coil pack and put it back on and it started..

i tried it this time and nothing happend... what did you do to fix this problem???

oh yeah ad last time i checked all teh termanals and none had power... but i dont rememver if i had the key on

im faster said:
oh yeah ad last time i checked all teh termanals and none had power... but i dont rememver if i had the key on

turn the key on and check for power on those terminals, if there is no power on the CCCI fuse wire it is most likely broken behind the fuse box, another board member told me to check this as he had the same problem. When you changed the fuse and removed the module you probably bupmed the wires just right to make a connection again and it started. I ended up running a new wire to the CCCI fuse and havent had any problems since.

sounds like a good possibilty... i will check friday... i have duty tomorrow...
did ou run it the same route ad how does it connect

Does your car have a hot wire kit for the fuel pump?

I know you said no blown fuses but you might want to double check that one if you have the hot wire kit. I had the same problem. Turns out the power wire for the kit was rubbing on the body and popping the fuse. A quick wrap with some electrical tape and a new fuse and I was off on my way.

OK,

Lots of suggestions......but you need accurate diagnosis before you spend any money.

Do you have spark? Take any spark plug lead off and connect a spare plug to the wire and ground the body of the plug. crank and watch. Any spark?

The Buick ignition system needs only 4 things to make spark.
1. 12 volts
2. Ground
3. Crank signal
4. Cam signal

Do you have fuel pressure? Do you hear the pump run for 3 seconds when you key on? Depress the schrader valve on the fuel rail.....carefully of course. Any pressure?

Most no-start problem can be traced to these 2 problem areas. Good Luck.

PM me if you need more help.

Dave

turbodave231 said:
OK,

Lots of suggestions......but you need accurate diagnosis before you spend any money.

Do you have spark? Take any spark plug lead off and connect a spare plug to the wire and ground the body of the plug. crank and watch. Any spark?

Dave

He already said he has no spark, thats y I told him to check for power to the Ignition Module :) ,

im faster said:
sounds like a good possibilty... i will check friday... i have duty tomorrow...
did ou run it the same route ad how does it connect

I ended up cutting the wire at the ignition module and splicing in to it, then running a new wire into the fuse box the the CCCI terminal on the back of the fuse box. Before doing any of this check to see if you have power. No point is cutting and splicing any wires if this isnt your problem. :)