You can type here any text you want

I saw a gn at torque freaks doing a dyno section december 29th

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ProjectWE4

C. Horel
hey im wondering whos gn that was at the dyno session yesterday at the torque freaks in portland.. im watching the run off a video we got and it looks and sounded like the engine blew or something really happened bad.. just wondering what exactly happened.. if any info on this car that would be nice.

thanks

Whoooooooooops My friends got on here without me knowing and screwed with some things and this was one.. Sorry About this.

Originally posted by ProjectWE4
Whoooooooooops My friends got on here without me knowing and screwed with some things and this was one.. Sorry About this.

Your hp/tq numbers seem low for your combo. I would guess that you would be easily in the 400 area for tq and mid 300's for hp.

Frank

Yeah but this was with the stock turbo.dont know what that can handle though. and I was experinceing some blow out or something was going wrong with the spark plugs.. but tomorrow im installing the TE44 that I just got and going to dyno it again in about two weeks...

Yeah but this was with the stock turbo.dont know what that can handle though. and I was experinceing some blow out or something was going wrong with the spark plugs.. but tomorrow im installing the TE44 that I just got and going to dyno it again in about two weeks...

With my stock turbo, 40# injectors and catback exhaust I hit 460tq on pump gas at the wheels.

With MSD 50's, PT-51 and someother bolt ons I hit 570tq on pump gas and alky injection at 24psi.

Have you replaced your valvesprings yet?

TurboSlacker what did you dyno at earlier this year?

Nope I havent replaced the valve springs.. Is that a good thing to do.. I didnt know that you should replace those.. And those are some impressive numbers you have.. Well tonight I should be installing my te44 I just got and in about three weeks or so im going to dyno it again on a dyno day with all my buds.. This will help out my numbers alot..

Nope I havent replaced the valve springs.. Is that a good thing to do.. I didnt know that you should replace those.. And those are some impressive numbers you have.. Well tonight I should be installing my te44 I just got and in about three weeks or so im going to dyno it again on a dyno day with all my buds.. This will help out my numbers alot..

I replaced mine with only 50K miles on my GN. I suggest comp cam 979-12 from Summit racing for about $40.

This will help your mid range to top end. Giving you a better valve seat.

Alright thanks.. got to fix some things in the rear on the car first then I will do the valve springs..

Alright thanks.. got to fix some things in the rear on the car first then I will do the valve springs..

Good luck and glad you found your way to the NW forum.

chris has issues with his car ........the hp/torque #s are off cause the car is running 12 psi ay more than that it breaks up bad...........coil pack / tps is suspect............and we are at high elevation .....my tta made 410 hp and 500ft/lb torque so he has somme more to go

Back