You can type here any text you want

I think my ignition module is bad?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just did the "wire swap" test. Originally 2/5 was toast. Swapped the wires, now 1/4 is a goner.
New module and coil is in order. The old coil is relegated to spare status.

Took pics of the drivers side manifold looks bad to me. Like a bogus repair. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    870.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 175
Now it revs better and idle's like a cammed bbc.
Int 129
Blm 150 with short burrs of 128
ats 88
Tps 42
Iac 72
Cc 106

I have seen worse but not much worse.....
Use a vacuum line listen for leaks the PS cracks at the steps in the log.
Does the rpm change if you pull a vacuum line off?

So I should take it off and get it redone? Or should I just try to buy a new one? Another thing I think I need a new MAF I think this one is crap like my last one. I say this because I got the crazy Ideal to unplug it while running the car yesterday and the BLM's went to 138ish range and the car ran alot better. I will have to look up what the normal range for them is.

So I should take it off and get it redone? Or should I just try to buy a new one? Another thing I think I need a new MAF I think this one is crap like my last one. I say this because I got the crazy Ideal to unplug it while running the car yesterday and the BLM's went to 138ish range and the car ran alot better. I will have to look up what the normal range for them is.
It's scrap yard matl, IMO. It's so corroded, it'll be a biatch to weld. Also, looks like it's been "gob welded" before.
Also, never have seen a "double beehive" spring. Does this engine have an aftermkt cam in it?

Sorry, I ment behive springs lol I was tired when I wrote the post long work hours and working on this car = silly mod list I will change it now. I am not sure if the car has a cam has not run well enough to tell. All I have is what the owner told me and he said it may have a small cam in it. He says the engine was built by a member of this site. He just doesnt remember the name. Judging from the glob welded comment I guess I will be in the morket for some new manifolds. lol

To reduce the blm's you need to locate ALL of your vacuum leaks. That header may or may not be cracked...hard to tell. I bought a smoke machine off Craig's list for $300. There are utube videos on making one for less. After finding your leaks then put it in the tail pipe (clamp a latex glove on the other tail pipe) and smoke the exhaust. On my car I found a cracked d/s header and a partially blown p/s header gasket. My car is now quieter than it has ever been and blm's stay at 128 +/- 2.

Oh, bring your IAC down around 10 and your car will idle better and not shut off while waiting to make a left turn in the middle of an intersection.

OK I will have to try this because I just want the car to run good so I can start driving and actually enjoying it. I will research the smoke machines on you tube.

Back