IAC adjustments

86GN-862+2

Ok, this sounds like stupid questions but if I get them answered, then they turn into knowledge. How to adjust IAC?? scanmaster readings are 00 and TPS is at .48 with the rpm fluctuating from 875-925. I am going to see if I got vacuum leaks today and will try to set stuff right. Also, do I have to re-adjust if I swap chips? Learning as I go. :p gonna replace O2 as well. What are the two open vacuum ports under/on the side of the IAC? The fuel injectors look like they are made out of plastic...are they stock units? Most injectors I've seen(not too may at that) are made out of iron.

100_0367.jpg

Adjustment can be found here....
IAC Reset Procedure
Thats the method I used when I first brought him home.You shouldn't have to re-adjust w/a chip change(?)I didn't have to with the TT chip I have.Vac.leaks is the first thing i would attack,turns out that was the beginning of my idle issues.The rest was simple spring cleaning items like plugs,the 02 sensor.etc.I did find that my EGR was a leaker,but again with Eric's chip thats water under the bridge. Considering you've got a scanmaster your in better shape than I was using a fluke meter.Your correct,the stock injectors are steel clad,those I've seen those you have before but would be lying if I gave them a name.Check and see if there's any engraving on them thats a way to ID them better.
As far as the ports you refer to,those are probably the water ports off the heater tube that runs alongside the manifold on the pass.side.Should have 2 ports off of hat capped off our looped from one to the other.Some guys run with it some do not but it's designed to warm the incoming air in the winter for driveability.

The IAC reset procedure linked in the previous post works fine, but since you have a scan tool, this one is MUCH easier.... and don't forget to adjust the tps following the iac adjustment .... it's an iterative process.... and the link for that is also contained in the following link....

IAC Reset Procedure

Hope that helps! :)

edit - yes, those are the throttle body water ports, and I don't know what injectors those are... not stock....

it turns out the injectors are Bosch 0280155868 and are good for around 34# with 43# of fuel pressure. Nice upgrade over stockers:D