IC shroud extension

Kellysgn

Please let me know what you think , I have a precison 19 row stock location intercooler , it comes with a shroud , the opening ( air inlet ) the the bottom is 4 by 15 = 60 square inches , I am thinking about fabbing up an extension that would direct more air into the opening , 6 by 16 = 96 square inches , so rouhly 50% more air . would this be of any benefit ? I would just be expecting cooler intake air once the car is up and moving ? or is this not worthwhile ?

Many years ago I bought the Kenne Bell front air dam that replaced the 2 original air dams with a 1 piece unit. It came with a large front scoop for the intercooler that funneled much more air to the shroud. It also has 2 openings for a ram air effect & a larger intake & filter. By the butt dyno there was a very noticeable difference in power when on the move. I'm sure part of that was the larger intake & filter (stock was awful) but moving all that extra air to the intercooler couldn't have hurt.

If you need some ideas on scoops, search "trash can scoop". There are a lot of good ideas out there.

I did the trash can mod and worked flawlessly..

I modded to add some curvature and pick more air.

My shroud is missing the 90 degree bend at the bottom.

Beware of ground clearance!!