You can type here any text you want

identification help needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

50psi

hey started taking my car apart, and i see these two guys, not 100% sure what they are, my guess is there used for cold winter starts to heat carb up????am i right? also why the heck is mine melted....can this all be removed because my intentions are to drive the car only in summer

07111818.jpg

07111817.jpg

you are right there for the winter. i dont have them on my car so i think you dont need them.

well it looks like it's time for a little snip snip then, i love ripping, cutting, torching and grinding stuff off my car...:D

well, i ran into another obsticle, im trying to remove the lower carb plenum and turbo, ive seen in another thread to remove these together, i've taken all turbo bolts off (that i know of) but i still cant pull it off...what is hampering me from getting this assembly off?Is there a hidden bolt somewhere. Here is a pic

07111934.jpg

All I can see from that pic is the EGR tube is still hooked up to the front of carb plenum.

Yea i forgot to mention the egr, but i forgot the oil return line, got everything off now

The EFE heater (the plate with the honey comb that's burned out) is part of the emissions equipment. Toss it and be happy about it. It's not available now so I wouldn''t worry about it.

Back