Idle Fluctuates When Cold

bigballsbilly

I'm not yet a Turbo Buick owner, but am looking for one. Two of the 87's that I looked at had an idle that surged and fluctuated when they were cold. The owners knew nothing about it, just said they always did it. Is this a common problem? Thanks guys

I'm not yet a Turbo Buick owner, but am looking for one. Two of the 87's that I looked at had an idle that surged and fluctuated when they were cold. The owners knew nothing about it, just said they always did it. Is this a common problem? Thanks guys

It's only a common problem if the TPS, and/or IAC is misadjusted or the O2 sensor is bad. Also depends on the chip in the CPU. If everything is set correctly then it is not a problem.

Event with all the above set as mentioned, a bit of that is normal hunting before it goes to closed loop at warmup. If the car has been sitting ( no batt memory) and not driven through a normal learning cycle it will be worse. Not something to conisider as a deal no deal. There are lots of other things to check. Eyes, ears and hands. Your ears are listening and see you found that question.

"Bigballsbilly??? WTF.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help guys, sounds like something easily recifiable. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

As far as bigballsbilly ... My name is Bill ... and I'm a huge Bruce Springsteen fan .... "Big Balls Billy" is a character in the song Rosailta. :)

It's only a common problem if the TPS, and/or IAC is misadjusted or the O2 sensor is bad. Also depends on the chip in the CPU. If everything is set correctly then it is not a problem.

X2. Usually easy to tune out and correct that issue.

As far as bigballsbilly ... My name is Bill ... and I'm a huge Bruce Springsteen fan .... "Big Balls Billy" is a character in the song Rosailta. :)

Thank goodness, people might have started assuming you also had a size 14 foot and HUNG out with Earl Brown.